Lewiston/Auburn 911 Trunked System

It appears the old thread has been locked in regards to the new 800mhz system. On November 16th, the Auburn and Lewiston Fire department made the switch to the new system finally. Unfortunately, my Radio Shack Pro-197 doesn't have the capability to monitor the newer technology of of P25 phase 2. Luckily the individual fire departments are rebroadcasting their new dispatch talkgroup to their respective old VHF frequencies. The Pro-197 has performed without any problems with listening in to the MSCOMMNET and their talkgroups. The question is which would be the better option to upgrade to listen to this new simulcast system with? The Uniden SDS, Uniden BCD9966P2, or a Unication G4/G5 pager.

In reviewing the RadioRefrence site, noticed that no updates have been provided for the Auburn and Lewiston Fire department talkgroups. In previous threads, people have mentioned they would be adding more talkgroups for the department to utilized. Does anyone been able to determine what those talkgroups ID's are? Looking for general information for everyone and myself. The 911 center appears to have completed the switch for all users.

The Lewiston/Auburn 911 communication center dispatches for Poland Fire. The communication center did some testing with them on November 16th and again on the 18th. Was a new link created from the new 800mhz system to Poland Fire's VHF system? Wondering if anyone is able to find that out.

ecps92

99% of info here, comes from listeners/members.

Why not put your scanner into good use, and search out the new info and then make a DB submission, help out the community.
It appears the old thread has been locked in regards to the new 800mhz system. On November 16th, the Auburn and Lewiston Fire department made the switch to the new system finally. Unfortunately, my Radio Shack Pro-197 doesn't have the capability to monitor the newer technology of of P25 phase 2. Luckily the individual fire departments are rebroadcasting their new dispatch talkgroup to their respective old VHF frequencies. The Pro-197 has performed without any problems with listening in to the MSCOMMNET and their talkgroups. The question is which would be the better option to upgrade to listen to this new simulcast system with? The Uniden SDS, Uniden BCD9966P2, or a Unication G4/G5 pager.

In reviewing the RadioRefrence site, noticed that no updates have been provided for the Auburn and Lewiston Fire department talkgroups. In previous threads, people have mentioned they would be adding more talkgroups for the department to utilized. Does anyone been able to determine what those talkgroups ID's are? Looking for general information for everyone and myself. The 911 center appears to have completed the switch for all users.

The Lewiston/Auburn 911 communication center dispatches for Poland Fire. The communication center did some testing with them on November 16th and again on the 18th. Was a new link created from the new 800mhz system to Poland Fire's VHF system? Wondering if anyone is able to find that out.

I am only getting transmission from their old VHF frequencies. As mentioned in my post, I am unable to get P25 phase 2 trunking radio transmissions. This is also why I ask the community if one scanner/pager is better than another. I forget to let people know that I live just outside the twin cities. Do not know if the simulcast would be a problem with a digital trunking scanner that isn't a Uniden SDS or Unication pager. The old scanner has done just fine handling digital traffic that wasn't Phase 2. If I was able to monitor to the traffic, definitely would make a post about what I found.

ecps92

Location, Height, Antenna and distance come into the equation first, the days of the flame thrower radio systems are gone.

Coverage is only needed within the desired community.

I am only getting transmission from their old VHF frequencies. As mentioned in my post, I am unable to get P25 phase 2 trunking radio transmissions. This is also why I ask the community if one scanner/pager is better than another. I forget to let people know that I live just outside the twin cities. Do not know if the simulcast would be a problem with a digital trunking scanner that isn't a Uniden SDS or Unication pager. The old scanner has done just fine handling digital traffic that wasn't Phase 2. If I was able to monitor to the traffic, definitely would make a post about what I found.

gordon115

Before spending money on a new radio, try listening with your PRO 197. Many places that have phase II systems actually operate in phase 1 mode much of the time. Maine State Police are 99.9 % phase 1 the few transmissions that are phase II are also encrypted so you wouldn't be able to hear them if you had phase II.

Gordon

northstarfire0693

Premium Subscriber
Before spending money on a new radio, try listening with your PRO 197. Many places that have phase II systems actually operate in phase 1 mode much of the time. Maine State Police are 99.9 % phase 1 the few transmissions that are phase II are also encrypted so you wouldn't be able to hear them if you had phase II.

Gordon

Where is SP using P2 ? MSCOMNET is all P1.

ScanMaine

Premium Subscriber
New Talk Group

I was at work today but logged 130 times and Auburn PD is TG 100 and Lewiston is 200 so I'm guessing its a tac channel or something

ScanMaine

Premium Subscriber
Lot of new TG on this system now logging them everyday but Im not recording so I don't know if its PW and other stuff now using the system, but someone is.