Lexington Call Mobile EDACS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
Moderators, I hope this is ok, My apologies for getting off-topic in the original question thread, I wanted to start this thread because of some important information.

After further investigation and about 3-6 hours of frequency hunting I guess you can call it, it appears that the Lexington Call Mobile EDACS system only has 4 Frequencies. I drove to the tower at the listed address from the FCC, for the record the tower is located on top of the Fifth Third Bank Building located in Downtown Lexington, I scanned the only known TG which is the LexTran Dispatch channel which was discovered by me. I ran two types of test initially, Squelch fully clockwise and squelch at 3 and 4, I received clear traffic and both sides of the conversation on Fully Clockwise Squelch and on 3 and 4. I then began a moving test, I drove around Lexington scanning with squelch fully clockwise on New Circle for reference and did the same 2 more times with squelch at 3 and 4.
I then drove down to Richmond, KY on I-75 with Squelch fully clockwise, then back with it at 3, back to Richmond at 4, and back to Lexington at full clockwise. While driving to Richmond at full clockwise signal seemed fair and I heard traffic clearly, however, there were parts of traffic that seemed to be missing and the same on 3 and 4.
I drove to Frankfort and back on State Route 1681, on the way to Frankfort with Squelch fully clockwise traffic was readable both sides were heard, while back to Lexington, I split time intervals for the squelch of 3 and 4 and the same results occurred, all traffic was readable and both sides were heard.

I drove from Lexington to Georgetown With Squelch Fully clockwise and back with 3 and 4, All traffic was readable and traffic was heard from both sides during the trip.

If monitoring this system from more than 15 miles away, I would say find a suitable squelch setting and find out what works for you, I would say since this system is new and just licensed that not a whole lot of users are utilizing it.

Thank You,

Remington

Status
Not open for further replies.