Lexington County Fire renumbering?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanguru

Noticed a few days ago that all LexCo fire units have been renumbered to three digits in the 300s... Anyone know why? Did they upgrade equipment? Hope not anything to do with upcoming encryption - it's about the only service left in the clear, and it provides a much-needed pastime these days...

evan

Database Admin
Have noticed the same. I am hearing at least one unit with a 4 prefix. Perhaps they are numbering County units with 3 and the non-county departments (W.Cola, Cayce, Irmo) with other numbers? Will keep listening. Hopefully someone on the "inside" can provide some insight.

scanguru

Too funny - just today I heard the 4-series unit for the first time... Your guess makes good sense. As you say, maybe someone in the know can confirm.

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
I'm talking to some people trying to get info on this. I haven't been able to listen enough to hear more than Irmo myself, but hopefully i can update next week on this.

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
1XX Irmo Fire, same as it has been.
2XX Batesburg-Leesville Fire
3XX Lexington Fire
4XX West Columbia Fire
5XX Cayce Department of Public Safety (Fire)

KingslyPhoto

Thank you that's starting to make sense now since I had been hearing the 400 group working a lot with 9 30 and 19 areas. However I haven't paid enough attention to B&L for the 200's since they're a tad out of my normal response area. As far as Irmo goes you are 99% correct on their numbers, but I've heard them use something odd (but I can't remember this early in the morning) regarding their battalion chiefs numbering...

Status
Not open for further replies.