Lexington County Public Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrat1234

I have been looking for the Lexington County Emergency Management talkgroup or talkgroups. But then I noticed all the Lexington County Fire talkgroups alpha tags are labeled (PS) Public Safety. When I looked at the county website Lexington County Public Safety is comprised of 911 Communications, Emergency Management, EMS, FIRE. Would that mean that Lexington County Emergency Management operates on the Lexington County Fire (PS) talkgroups.
245425fdeDLCPS DISPFire Dispatch Fire Dispatch
245255fcdDLCPS CommandPublic Safety Command Multi-Tac
245405fdcDLCPS CMD 1Fire Command 1 Fire-Tac
245415fddDLCPS CMD 2Fire Command 2 Fire-Tac
245435fdfDLCFS
ADMIN
Fire Admin Fire-Tac
245315fd3DLCPS OPS1Fire Ops 1 Fire-Tac
245325fd4DLCPS OPS2Fire Ops 2 Fire-Tac
245335fd5DLCPS OPS3Fire Ops 3 Fire-Tac
245345fd6DLCPS OPS4Fire Ops 4 Fire-Tac
245355fd7DLCPS OPS5Fire Ops 5 Fire-Tac
245365fd8DLCPS OPS6Fire Ops 6 Fire-Tac
245375fd9DLCPS OPS7Fire Ops 7 Fire-Tac
245385fdaDLCPS OPS8Fire Ops 8 Fire-Tac
245395fdbDLCPS OPS9Fire Ops 9 Fire-Tac

So would that mean that all the ones labeled (LCPS) be used by LC Fire Service and Emergency management while the one LC fire service admin talkgroup is used by just fire.

evan

Database Admin
I don't think I've heard any emergency management units on any Lexington County talkgroup. However, I don't know what their unit prefixes are so I suppose it is possible I just didn't know who I was hearing. I would suspect they would have all of these talkgroups in their radios if they do indeed need to be involved in incident management.

For all practical listening purposes, I think it makes more sense to label these talkgroups as fire instead of public safety since that is what they are used for. I will update the database accordingly.

mrat1234

Can you also make a minor update to another lexington county talkgroup. The 1 should be added to match the other pd 1 talkgroups. these are each pd's private talkgroups.

248816131DChapin PD 1Chapin PD 1

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
I don't think I've heard any emergency management units on any Lexington County talkgroup. However, I don't know what their unit prefixes are so I suppose it is possible I just didn't know who I was hearing. I would suspect they would have all of these talkgroups in their radios if they do indeed need to be involved in incident management.

For all practical listening purposes, I think it makes more sense to label these talkgroups as fire instead of public safety since that is what they are used for. I will update the database accordingly.

As far as i know, Lexington County Emergency Management really isn't but 2 or 3 guys, they probably mainly utilize cell phones for contact.

Status
Not open for further replies.