Lexington County Simulcast issues?

scanguru

For the past couple of days, the radio has been silent, with all signal strength bars gone. Been listening for years to Fire, EMS, LifeNet, and local PDs on the same freqs... Double-checked to make sure no new control frequencies had been added, and confirmed no changes.

Any ideas? @brian any changes that might not have been posted yet?

scanguru

found I can juuuuuust pick up the Prosperity site if I do the proverbial "hanging upside down while holding the radio at a 38° angle and bending the knee" trick, so at least I know it's not my radio, but it's obviously less than ideal.

I also don't know if all the traffic I was used to monitoring is carried on the Prosperity site...

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Haha, no, I'm not sitting on any updates and waiting to spring them on unsuspecting hobbyists. Contrary to apparently popular belief, I don't play those kinds of games. I just work submissions when they pop up, or as I am able to personally gather data.

scanguru

BCD436HP... Haven't moved in 11 years, and well in range of all simulcast towers. All frequencies being monitored are not encrypted, and can be heard just fine on the Prosperity site.

Oddest thing...

scanguru

Haha, no, I'm not sitting on any updates and waiting to spring them on unsuspecting hobbyists. Contrary to apparently popular belief, I don't play those kinds of games. I just work submissions when they pop up, or as I am able to personally gather data.
Always admired your speed & thoroughness... didn't mean to imply otherwise, just didn't know if something might have just come up in the last day or two and you'd not yet been able to get to it. Apologies if came across otherwise.

Guess will just keep fingers crossed that signal comes back soon.

evan

Database Admin
For the past couple of days, the radio has been silent, with all signal strength bars gone. Been listening for years to Fire, EMS, LifeNet, and local PDs on the same freqs... Double-checked to make sure no new control frequencies had been added, and confirmed no changes.

I am monitoring the Lexington site without any issues. Make sure you have all the alternative control channels in your radio. 859.2625 is the current control channel.

scanguru

I am monitoring the Lexington site without any issues. Make sure you have all the alternative control channels in your radio. 859.2625 is the current control channel.
Thanks Evan. Yep, I've had all 4 in since the beginning, and try to regularly check the site to be sure nothing's changed.

I've tried with and without the non-control channels and no joy.

scanguru

Aaaaaaaaaaand we're BACK!! Guess the monitoring muses want me to listen again...

Sun flares maybe? 🤣🤣🤣

Thanks to all who chimed in with ideas and suggestions.