Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government (P25) on Uniden SDS-200

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireLt111

Assistant Fire Chief
Hello gang!

I have a HUGE question. If there are any folks out there in the LFUCG metro area with a Uniden SDS-200 scanner, can you tell me if this scanner will pick this system up?

I think this P25 system is digital and the SDS-200 will NOT pick this up...can correct me if I misunderstood this?

Thanks so much!

This system is in Kentucky by the way

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Yes and no, the SDS200 will pickup the system, HOWEVER the majority of talkgroups on the system are encrypted which no scanner will be able to monitor. Check the system, below, when you see DE it is full time encryption, De means partial encryption as in encryption available but may or may not be used, and D means digital clear comms that it can monitor.

donc13

Premium Subscriber
Hello gang!

I have a HUGE question. If there are any folks out there in the LFUCG metro area with a Uniden SDS-200 scanner, can you tell me if this scanner will pick this system up?

I think this P25 system is digital and the SDS-200 will NOT pick this up...can correct me if I misunderstood this?

Thanks so much!

Unless it is encrypted, yes the SDS200 will pick it up. That presumes you are near enough to a transmitter site.

FD101

Premium Subscriber
Hello gang!

Thanks so much!

It will decode the system if you are within Fayette County but most scanners are deaf to this system outside of Fayette County regardless if they are simulcast ready or not.

You will also only hear certain Talkgroups (Transit Auth, DPW Divisions, Interop, etc) as most of Lexington PS is encrypted.

Status
Not open for further replies.