Lexington FD 158.805,

Status
Not open for further replies.

lc2413rp

Download Conventional to digital scanner Pro-106 & 197...Lexington FD 158.805 not working on digital, analog 158.805 OK...Giddings FD 154.400 Digital and Analog OK....lc2413rp

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Looking at Lee Co., I don't see any digital conventional channels listed. If they are using some, someone needs to submit them.

lc2413rp

Lexington FD 158.805

The VHF 158.805 assigned to Lexington FD....has a paging tone on the analog side but not on the digital side....The VHF 154.400 assigned to Giddings FD...has a paging tone on the analog side and the digital side....there is a freq assigned to Giddings FD but not the Lexington FD....when I download the Conventional freq assigned you can see the difference....Thank You... lc2413rp ....r.paskett@yhaoo.com ..

lc2413rp

Lexington FD 158.805

I understand there are no digital conv. freq on the download from Radioreference.com...the Gidding FD at 154.400 is OK...Lexington FD 158.805 is not working...these freq are on the same download from RR.com under Texas..Lee County...Conv..

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
I understand there are no digital conv. freq on the download from Radioreference.com...the Gidding FD at 154.400 is OK...Lexington FD 158.805 is not working...these freq are on the same download from RR.com under Texas..Lee County...Conv..
Some how we are not communicating. :)

According to what we have in the database, Lee Co. doesn't have any digital conventional channels; ergo, when you download them, you won't get any.

As I said before, if you are aware of digital conventional channel usage in Lee Co., then submit it.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Okay.....so you are saying that you are getting Giddings FD fine on VHF analog. You are also getting Lexington FD fine on analog. As far as I know, neither entity has any digital activity on their frequencies. It could be that they are very quiet right now. The law enforcement and possibly county maintenance are on the digital trunk system (GATRRS) that they switched to recently. But the fire departments should still be operating fine in analog only on their VHF frequencies.

lc2413rp

Lexington FD 158.805

What is happening is the download from Radio Reference.com...Texas..Lee County..Conventional Freq is going into a difital scanner Pro-106 and Pro-197....The freq asigned to Giddings FD 154.400 is working great with the page tone and talk-to-talk between radios...The Lexington FD 158.805 is not working in either digital scanner..the 106 and 197...On the old analog scanners both freq are heard...Our communication system for the county was converted from analog to digital last summer...County Maint is on the digital system, as well the DPS, sheriff department, and local PD in Lexington and Giddings...What is puzzling on the digital side, is the Giddings FD is working OK on the digital scanners and the Lexington FD is not...and I was told by Linda Ward of the Lee County Sheriff Department in charge of communication for the County, Lexington and Giddings FD both are programmed into the new system as assigned the above freq....Thank you for your assistance on the matter...RR.com was very helpful on getting out scanner on board with the change over last summer...Local weather of 162.500 works great in both digital scanner ..the 106 and 197...lc2413rp. r.paskett@yahoo.com

Last edited:

jasday

Just a wild card suggestion. When your programming on the 106 and 197 are you selecting it as digital? If your using the software, make sure your selecting pl and putting in the pl tone and not "nac".

lc2413rp

Lexington FD 158.805

I download the freq from Radio Reference.com straigth to the scanner 106 and 197 with a cable from the computer to the scanner...If you look and Conv freq that are downloaded ...there is a difference from Giddings FD (shows a PL with a freq listed) and this also shows on the digital scanner...the Lexington FD shows on the conv download from RR.com just the freq with no PL or freq....lc2413rp r.paskett@yahoo.com

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
The Lexington FD entry, in Lee Co. does not show a PL, so of course if you download it there is no PL to download.

Let's stop the discussion of the downloading of frequencies. If you manually put 158.805 in a scanner, what do you hear?

lc2413rp

Lexington FD 158.805

After I manually installed 158.805 in the digital scanner..I called the dispatcher for a test...Nothing on the digital scanner..the analog scanner worked OK...Why I keep coming back to the download from RR.com...is the download on Giddings FD 154.400 shows a PL with a freq behind it...On Lexington FD there is no PL or freq....Giddings FD is OK on digital...Lexington FD is not on the digital scanner...lc2413rp....r.paskett@yahoo.com

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
After I manually installed 158.805 in the digital scanner..I called the dispatcher for a test...Nothing on the digital scanner..the analog scanner worked
If you are saying you have an analog scanner that picked up 158.805 during this test but the digital scanner didn't, then you did not program the digital scanner correctly. Certainly a new digital scanner is capable of hearing an analog signal.

OK...Why I keep coming back to the download from RR.com...is the download on Giddings FD 154.400 shows a PL with a freq behind it...On Lexington FD there is no PL or freq....Giddings FD is OK on digital...Lexington FD is not on the digital scanner...lc2413rp....r.paskett@yahoo.com
The reason 154.400 has a PL is because there is a PL on the channel that has been reported to us. The reason the 158.805 does not have one, is that either they don't use one or it has not been reported to us. The blank seems to indicate that we are unclear if there is supposed to be one or not; a problem you could have solved easily during that test if you had your scanner (the analog one) in a "tone search" mode.

jasday, back several posts ago asked a question that you did not answer. I don't know anything about the 106 or 197 but he asked a valid question.

Status
Not open for further replies.