Lexington KY - Unidentified Federal Frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
I've searched the forums for a bit and haven't been able to find anyone post the same freq (with results other than CBP/DHS). Me and an DB Admin have thrown back ideas but still not 100% sure, we think it's CBP that has yet to update the repeater to P25. Here is an audio recording, I didn't get a tone as I was using DSD+ FL.

Analog 170.0625 - Signal was very strong, monitored about 15 miles North of Lexington, KY

The recording starts right after he states "talk to Cincinnati"
We think they said "Zone 700" as in Zone labeled 700 and Nat 10 Law as in a channel labeled National 10 Law. Monitored for an hour after that with no more traffic.

Last edited:

ecps92

700 sounds like Zones for the 700 Band
with so many 700 channels available they generally are programmed into atleast 5+ zones

Some use 700-1, 700-2 others 700 Interop 1, 700 Interop 2
depending on the Alpha Tag Size for the Zone name

Since it is a National channel, channel 10 might be one of the Law Channels
7LAW62 maybe ? [based on a local radio here in New England - Non Federal]

Wondering if this is a local [State VHF, not on the Trunk?] and not a FED
the other option is image ? or adjacent channel

Nope, No callsigns, No Radio ID's. It was analog

ecps92

Every hear them again to get a PL/DPL ???

I've searched the forums for a bit and haven't been able to find anyone post the same freq (with results other than CBP/DHS). Me and an DB Admin have thrown back ideas but still not 100% sure, we think it's CBP that has yet to update the repeater to P25. Here is an audio recording, I didn't get a tone as I was using DSD+ FL.

Analog 170.0625 - Signal was very strong, monitored about 15 miles North of Lexington, KY

The recording starts right after he states "talk to Cincinnati"
We think they said "Zone 700" as in Zone labeled 700 and Nat 10 Law as in a channel labeled National 10 Law. Monitored for an hour after that with no more traffic.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
No, unfortunately not. I have heard some traffic on a simplex channel recently but none on that repeater. I've got it in the scanner 24/7.

Status
Not open for further replies.