Lexington Police Shut off Old Analog System

Status
Not open for further replies.

KR4BD

Looks like Lexington Police have finally shut off their analog channels. I listened for several hours this morning and did not hear anything on any of the VHF frequencies. With the new 800 mHz system being encrypted, I guess we're SOL for future monitoring in this city....

EdGrimley

Looks like Lexington Police have finally shut off their analog channels. I listened for several hours this morning and did not hear anything on any of the VHF frequencies. With the new 800 mHz system being encrypted, I guess we're SOL for future monitoring in this city....

Has it been confirmed that all police channels are now encrypted? I realize they have gone digital.

KR4BD

From my understanding, they are using a Motorola 800 MHz, P-25 trunked system with all main channels being encrypted. Maybe UnitCharlie can provide more details on this.

tibbro00

Premium Subscriber
They are using a Tait 800 MHz TRS, not Motorola. All main channels are encrypted. There are two channels not encrypted for talk around and broadcasting to all units in the field when needed.

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
Yes, Lexington PD finally pulled the scanner head plug.... the analog system was powered down at 0700 yesterday.... Lex PD is encrypted, Airport Public Safety is encrypted.... at this point Fire isn't encrypted and many of the FFs I know are hoping it won't be so their families can still listen. In a nutshell, this is a non-proprietary IP based P-25 system that has been assembled using parts and pieces from different vendors (full 2012 news release)...

iconbadgta

I was up there day before yesterday and visiting a friend that had a scanner, I thought it was a digital but I bet their pissed right now!

That place is crazy! Cops and ambulances blazing every 5 minutes, I was ready to go in 30 min after arriving!

The buffet at happy dragon or whatever it was called was ok, but my friends live in the ghetto, seriously bad neighborhood and the house next door was shot to hell from a drive by a while back, they have security cameras everywhere! It's sad...

plewbel

The Lexington Police 'All Call' talkgroup is the only police talkgroup that I've found to be unencrypted.

The only thing you will hear on that talkgroup is the Priority 1 and informational simulcasts from the dispatcher.

Fire is simulcasting Dispatch and the "fire channels" from the EDACS TRS to the new system. They have been doing a lot of testing recently.

edm1

Hi. I just moved here. I am pretty illeterate with scanners. I have old analog and a gre digital. Can anyone steer me in the right direction for what I actually can hear that is active As far as police. Emergency. Sherriff etc? I am right inside the circle off nicholasville rd if that helps. I would really appreciate it. I am sonnewi dontknow all the surrounding counties etc.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.