Library Import Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbouwkamp

Premium Subscriber
This is happening on both TRX-1 and WS1095

After the most recent PC app update I am unable to update the library. I receive the following error: "Update Failed! unable to create the file on your computer used to store the update. The target file was C:Users...\dbfiles.zip"

I checked the folder rights to make sure it wasn't hidden or read only, no issues there. Running Windows 10, nothing has changed recently.

Anyone else seen this before?

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Just updated mine, try again, if no success: Reboot your computer make sure you can access the internet then try again.

RichRuiz

Premium Subscriber
Any other options?

I'm having the same issue about "library import failure". I've tried un-installing/re-installing the software, and I've un-checked the box that says "read-only" on the file folder properties. Thanks for your time and have a great day!

RichRuiz

Premium Subscriber
Just a thought - perhaps run the installer as Admin and/or start the program as Admin -- does that make any difference?
It's my personal laptop, so wouldn't it default to me as the admin? You'd think it would, but I welcome any guidance, thanks for your help!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

RichRuiz

Premium Subscriber
Rich,
Go to https://whistlergroup.com/pages/contact-us-2 and report your issue.
I've had several email conversations with them and no solution found. I think its something in the latest EZ-scan update. Never had a problem before.
I've deleted everything and started with a clean install and received same error.
This is the response I got from whistler support after a few emails back and forth:

"The error message indicates an access issue on the local computer.* Have him check the TRX-1 folder in his My Documents folder to see if the file already exists (the app should delete it after the update is complete, but if it's set to some other access control the app may not be able to overwrite it or delete it."

RichRuiz

Premium Subscriber
Ladies and gents, after all that, turns out my anti virus was preventing the library update from going through! A buddy helped me figure out the settings, and now, it's running smooth as silk! Thank you for your time and hope everyone has a great day!

gbouwkamp

Premium Subscriber
Rich, you nailed it.
I whitelisted the folder and the Whistler site in my AVG anti-virus, no improvement.
I rebooted to Safe Mode w/network and it worked just fine. So future updates will need to be performed in Safe Mode. No big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.