Library Update 368

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Anybody know what's going on? They've been pretty consistent with updating the library on Saturdays. Or did they stop doing updates?

DonS

The update process (DB retrieval from RR) has been failing after about 4.5 hours. I'm investigating it.

I updated my 800 last night,Was good to go.Full update onto a new install of EZScan.
It took about 45 seconds..

library 367 and location 10..dated last week

DonS

I updated my 800 last night,Was good to go.Full update onto a new install of EZScan.
It took about 45 seconds..

library 367 and location 10..dated last week

Yes - 367 works. The posts above were referring to the expected library 368, which should have appeared on Saturday 21 June.

DonS

The update process (DB retrieval from RR) has been failing after about 4.5 hours. I'm investigating it.

Problem found. Recent changes to Minnesota's ARMER system (erasing contents of site names, instead of filling with "EMPTY" as had been done before) caused null pointers in .NET. Unhandled exception being thrown.

New library build will start shortly. Will be done late tonight.

DonS

This DB editing error (or, perhaps, change of convention) also screws up the web interface.

Go here:
Allied Radio Matrix for Emergency Response (ARMER) Trunking System, Various, Minnesota - Scanner Frequencies

In the list of sites, scroll down to RFSS=3, Site=013. That's one of the sites that were changed on 20 June. Note that just above it (Site = 008), the "Name" field contains "EMPTY" - but is still clickable. Site 013 (and 016), though, have completely blank names, and do not contain a clickable link (except for the "UNKNOWN" county).

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Is somebody going after the db admin to get it reverted? At the very least, just put "Site 3-013" (etc) in there.

Last edited:

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
There was a separate post in another thread about the delay being caused by turning over the database responsibility to Whistler as the reason. Does anyone know the real reason?

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
There was a separate post in another thread about the delay being caused by turning over the database responsibility to Whistler as the reason. Does anyone know the real reason?

Well, since DonS is the guy who runs the database download, I'd say his is the real reason.

SCPD

QRT
Problem found. Recent changes to Minnesota's ARMER system (erasing contents of site names, instead of filling with "EMPTY" as had been done before) caused null pointers in .NET. Unhandled exception being thrown.

New library build will start shortly. Will be done late tonight.

Sounds Good, thanks man

DonS

As the above posts confirm, update 368 worked and is now available.

(I also notice that the ARMER system was edited early this morning, and the site names are no longer empty (well, they now say "EMPTY" instead of actually being <empty>)).

Status
Not open for further replies.