Library Update Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

judyfinkle

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Sep 6, 2005
Messages
102
Location
40° 20' 41.18" N 79° 49' 59.88" W
Yesterday trying to update library on my PSR 800 I get (HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden) and my computer latches up.

This happens on my Widows 7 machine and on my Windows vista machine.

It shows the last update I have was 82. I know that is wrong, as I updated a few weeks ago.

Worked great until yesterday. I don't know what could have happened.

I have submitted problem to GRE, maybe they can help.


Jay
 

MORSEMAN

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Apr 25, 2005
Messages
30
Location
Mesa, AZ
PSR 800 Library update

I have not been able to access the library update since yesterday 10-1-2011. This occurs on 3 computers with Vista and Win 7.
It comes back with a message that says "There was an error getting the Library Version from the Internet"
Everything else on all 3 computers is working perfectly. All of my Win 500 stuff works fine including RR downloads.
I am guessing it's a problem on their end which hopefully will be taken care of on Monday.
 

kruser

Active Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Nov 25, 2007
Messages
3,199
Location
St. Louis County, MO
I updated my 800 to version 101, dated yesterday, just late last evening without any problems. I'm using a Win 7 64 bit machine as well.

I do have my ezscan software set to run as administrator so maybe try that as that is all I ever changed from the default settings. I don't know why a working app would all of a sudden not work though unless one of Microsoft's updates changed something.

It could also be DNS related. Maybe try manually setting different DNS servers and see if that works.
 

MORSEMAN

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Apr 25, 2005
Messages
30
Location
Mesa, AZ
Library Update Problem

After looking into this it appears that my problem is caused by the latest set of definitions from Trend Micro. All 3 of these computers have Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security on them. First I tried adding the program to the exception list but that did nothing. I then turned off the Malicious Website blocker temporarily and all 3 computers were able to run the updates. Just remember to turn it back on when you are done.
Note: All of these computers ran the updates perfectly until the 10-1-2011 Trend Micro update. I was also able to run the updates fine on an old XP laptop with the Microsoft security suite.
So far this is working.
I hope this helps someone.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top