License not found for Cherokee county Fire EMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nchpiboy

Premium Subscriber
If you click on the license KX9535 - The link indicates that the license is "Not Found"
Does this indicate that the frequencies are not in use?
Should the license be removed?

richardbritt

Database Admin
According to the FCC that license expired almost 20 years ago. Are you close enough to hear them and verify that they are or are not on the same frequency? I am a county administrator on the east side of the state and can't change anything on that side of the state. I can research the license that they have if you verify by listening what they are using frequency wise.

Thank you

Richard

Nchpiboy

Premium Subscriber
Yes I'm in Clay county next door to Cherokee county. I have the two frequencies listed under this license in my scanner. No activity on these frequencies is why I asked about the license.

kf8yk

Can't help you with verification of use, I'm only in the area a few times a year to visit the national forests and parks.

Being a county away, you may not be in a good location to hear these. They are identified in the RRDB as tactical use & licensed for mobile only. You would need the combination of a significant fire event that would warrant tactical channel use & also be close enough to the incident to hear mobile/handheld simplex traffic.

Nchpiboy

Premium Subscriber
I messaged a member @Airboss who lives near me and he verified that the frequencies are active on the license. He has put in for a correction to the database.
Thanks to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.