License Renewal

Status
Not open for further replies.

metrofurs

Does anyone have a link to renew an FCC technicians license ? Have been going in circles, thanks Guy

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber

wa88it

Premium Subscriber
thanks for forcing me to go check my license as it seems i forgot to change my addy five years ago..
[only moved next door so nothing too significant]

n5ims

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
I paid my renewal today. I figure it will kick in on the expiration date. Now let's hope I live long enough to renew again. mmckenna's link above is the one to use and it took less than five minutes. There goes my $0.29 a month!

Hmm....perhaps I should take the Extra exam and really throw my money at 'em.
throwing-money-away.gif

Marcy57

Premium Subscriber
thanks for forcing me to go check my license as it seems i forgot to change my addy five years ago..
[only moved next door so nothing too significant]
What steps do you have to do to change your address on your Ham ticket??
I moved from 1 call area to 2 ....while ago never changed it..def, not
changing my vanity call was too hard to get! lol! 73,s Marcy

Last edited:

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
What steps do you have to do to change your address on your Ham ticket??
I moved from 1 call area to 2 ....while ago never changed it..def, not
changing my vanity call was too hard to get! lol! 73,s Marcy
As you go through the screens to renew, I believe there was a link you can click that said click to make any changes. But if your not renewing, log in with your FRN and I'm sure there is a place in there somewhere to change it. There is a help link there also.

kf8yk

tks ...for the info...I just need to change address not renew...Marcy

Once logged into the ULS License Manager click on 'Update License' under the My Licenses menu on the left side of the page and follow the prompts.

- or -

In 'My Licenses' click on your callsign, this will open the 'At A Glance' view of your license. On the right side of the page is a 'Work on this License' box, click on 'Update' and follow the prompts.

n5ims

Be aware that the legacy FCC CORES system (the one where your FRN is your login name) will be no longer available as of July 15, 2022. You will need to use the Updated CORES system (the one where your email address is your login name) instead. If you don't have an account on the updated system, you should create one prior to 7/15/2022 or you may have issues (OK, this IS the FCC system so you'll probably have issues anyway, but that's a different story). This link (for now anyway) has links to both versions so it's easy to know which one you're attempting to access --> COmmission REgistration System for the FCC | Federal Communications Commission <--. It was understood that once the old system is decommissioned, the old URL will point to the new system but I wouldn't count on that happening. When creating your account on the updated system and you've finally logged in, you will need to associate your FRN or FRNs to your account on the updated system, but at least they've made it so you can have multiple FRNs under the same account (I think this was possible on the old system but wasn't that easy to do).

Status
Not open for further replies.