Licensed Frequency?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KA7MBQ

Premium Subscriber
I can't find any license information on the frequency Mohave Ranchos Fire uses. When I ask a fireman for the frequency, he said I'll have to look, we just made it up

AZMONITOR

Premium Subscriber
They are using 155.055 for dispatch purposes. The Kingman PD dispatch center dispatches for the Lake Mohave Ranchos Fire District as well as for the Northern Arizona Consolidated Fire District, Golden Valley Fire Department, Pinion Pine Fire District, Pine Lake Fire District and Kingman City FD. Dispatches are all on the same frequency, 155.055, a repeater. This saves money for all of the departments especially Lake Mohave Ranchos which has experienced severe financial difficulties in the last year or two.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
The two frequencies listed in the 152 MHz range are unlicensed, and not even in the public safety range. If they are indeed using them they face some heavy fines and the possibility of loosing their existing licenses.

n5ims

Probably contract services from TeleBEEPER under these licenses:

152.54750 --> WPVD869 - ULS License - Part 22 VHF/UHF Paging (excluding 931MHz) License - WPVD869 - TeleBEEPER of New Mexico, INC dba TeleBEEPER of New Mexico
152.14250 --> WPZM475 - ULS License - Part 22 VHF/UHF Paging (excluding 931MHz) License - WPZM475 - TeleBEEPER of New Mexico, INC

Note the special condition on the license:
The licensee may operate dispatch transmitters on its authorized mobile channels at various locations throughout its licensed market area as authorized herein in accordance with Section 22.577(a) of the Commission’s Rules, except that the dispatch transmitters may be operated with output power up to but not exceeding 60 watts. Dispatch transmitters operating in accordance with these requirements may be installed without further notification to the Commission.

LMRFD use to lease air time from Mr. Radio in Bullhead city using a Kenwood Nexedge system. This is why they were in the 152 area. However like stated above they are now dispatched by the city of Kingman. All of the FD's in the Kingman area are as well. The following is how it breaks down by series number.

100 - Golden Valley Fire District
200 - Kingman Fire Department
300 - Norther Consolidated Fire District # 1
400 - Lake Mohave Ranchos Fire District
500 - Pinon Pines Fire District
600 - Pine Lake Fire District

Not dispatched under this system, but county wide numbering system. The following are dispatched by the City of Bullhead.

700 - Bullhead Fire District
800 - Mohave Valley Fire District
900 - Fort Mojave Fire District

Lake Havasu City, Desert Hills did not wanted to go in the county wide numbering system when it was implemented.

KA7MBQ

Premium Subscriber
paging?

I think they just do what they want around here. Its not just paging, its two-way fire dispatch for Lake Mohave Ranchos and other agencies. But then the tribal cops are using a 902 MHz freq... This is the wild west....

n5ims

I think they just do what they want around here. Its not just paging, its two-way fire dispatch for Lake Mohave Ranchos and other agencies. But then the tribal cops are using a 902 MHz freq... This is the wild west....

Notice the quote on my previous post where on the FCC license it specifically authorizes dispatch operations on the licensed frequencies. While it may be "the wild west" as you say, they get FCC permission to use the frequencies for dispatch, not just "do what they want" (without permission at any rate).

The licensee may operate dispatch transmitters on its authorized mobile channels at various locations throughout its licensed market area as authorized herein in accordance with Section 22.577(a) of the Commission’s Rules, except that the dispatch transmitters may be operated with output power up to but not exceeding 60 watts. Dispatch transmitters operating in accordance with these requirements may be installed without further notification to the Commission.

ecps92

Altho the Frequency is a FORMER paging channel, it can be used for Voice , Trunking etc

Status
Not open for further replies.