Licking county and MARCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveh552

Living in Licking County, specifically what would I expect to be able to hear on MARCS? I understand there are 3 towers in the county, and the only agency locally using it fulltime is Post 45. I do not know anything about the system and would like some insight so that I can decide if to buy a digi scanner or not.

hoser147

Steve you should be able to copy quite a bit of traffic from your location.With your proximity to Franklin Co. and Delaware Co. OSP, Parks,Hospitals to name a few. Just to give you an Idea Im at Grand Lake and can regularly copy traffic from Findlay at times Toledo, to Dayton, Springfield and about everything in between. Their should be plenty of traffic you cant receive. Hope this helps ya...........Hoser

steveh552

yeah my main concern is osp and med flight ops, and any agencies that are using it like osp air. im totally unfamilar with the way the system works, i know they say a trooper in cleveland can talk to cinci, but thats about it.

steveh552

thanks for the feedback. it will be a bit before i can afford such a scanner, but i am thinking strongly about it, now, deciding which one i want, LOL.

LiberaFan08

Listening to MARCS

Steve, There is a boatload of stuff on MARCS, you will not be disappointed. But you may be overwhelmed. I have the Uniden 396T and 996T and I am very happy with them. But most people say that the GRE's do a better job on digital. If money is an issue, you may have to sell one or two of your kids on Ebay (just kidding). I met you on field day on the hill, remember? We talked about wackers. I know a guy here in town that just bought a PSR-500 and he is thrilled with it. He picks up tons of stuff( OSP planes too).

steveh552

I am looking at the 396 and GRE500. it will be a few months before I buy anything, but I am researching and making sure I know what im getting into before I dish out that kind of money. Id be glad to sell an ex-wife if anyone wants, but id rather keep the kids :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.