Life Flight: 800mhz Frequencys

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitro249

Feed Provider
I was listening to Life Flight performing test with Spencer County. Life Flight ask Spencer County to try the 800mhz channel. I didn't know this channel, so I took out my hand held scanner and starred to scan the 800mhz band in hope to find the channel. No luck.

Life Flight came on and said that they could no hear Spencer Country reply. Spencer Country said they couldn't get it to work. Life Flight then said make sure they was on "Zone 1 Southwest Channel 2". Spencer Country said they didn't know what they was talking about. Life Flight then got a call out and had to go.

So does anyone know the Frequency to this channel(s)? I can't find it anywhere.

jerk

kb9sxk said:
Life Flight (St Mary's Evansville) has a Hoosier Safe-T radio)

They have tested with me sucsessfully
I heard somebody testing yesterday in the Western part of the State, and then from Indy, they were on SW Hospital TG

Didn't know who though...

ind224

Do the CC's for Zone 1 and TG 5040. You need a digital scanner for Safe T. Channels/frequencies may change but TG should stay the same for a conversation. This one will require patience. If it does not work for them....keep checking 155.160 and you might catch another test.

WA9JGB

Premium Subscriber
ind224 said:
Do the CC's for Zone 1 and TG 5040. You need a digital scanner for Safe T. Channels/frequencies may change but TG should stay the same for a conversation. This one will require patience. If it does not work for them....keep checking 155.160 and you might catch another test.

Lifeline 155.160 seems to be a very busy frequency in Indy. It seems as if anytime any helicopter flies in Indy they always let Lifeline dispatch know there in the area. I monitor the 155.160 all the time, and it's good to know when other agencies are in the area. There is about 20 VHF frequencies for medical helicopters in Indiana. I wish I could find a confirmed channel listing for all medical helicopters in Indiana. The database is missing alot of frequencies and PL/DPL tones. I just have alot of the frequencies listed in my 2-way as Air-1, Air-2, Air-3 etc. I don't really have any confirmed PL/DPL tones yet. I can't pick up alot of the traffic on my handheld scanner, and my Yeasu takes too long to put in PL/DPL search mode. By the time I get my Yaesu set up for PL/DPL search the traffic is usually over.

ind224

good call

Nascargrant makes a good point. When PHI started up in Lafayette a few years back they had their own frequency in the 152-153's I think.

I was in Kokomo a few months ago to bowl with family and I had visual on a med copter circling the hospital. So I tune in 155.160 expecting to hear pad/landing instructions and get nothing. Start scanning the 150-156 limit and still nothing. 453.xxx med channels... bzzzzzzt :mad:

When I got home, checked the RR base and sure enough 155.160 was not listed for Kokomo.

I do most of my air stuff with a 2045 since the big knob makes it easy to follow handoffs.
PL tones have always been a concern of mine; 155.160 shows one in the database but like 453.475 and .325 at the airport, I've never needed it to hear. Perhaps they are used sometimes and other times not? On the pro96 I show 162.2 tone for 453.475 but hear it just fine on the 2045 with no board.

I hear Witham/Lebanon dispatch on 155.160 here in Indy so it seems having the PL active for Methodist/Lifeline makes sense.

123.050 AM is a common helicopter traffic frequency and another must have.

Maybe a 'realtime' copter/LZ freq list by location would be a good sticky? Friday and Saturday nights (late) in good weather unfortunately seem to be the hot times for MVA flights.

Nitro249, as you heard, Spencer County was lost when it came to the SAFE T coordinates. Someday we will all be assimilated. Resistance may be futile but other times it is good listening.

Status
Not open for further replies.