Life Flight in Salem Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

nofxslc

Saw Life Flight landing at Salem Hospital the other day and got curious as to the frequencies they use to communicate with the hospital/relay patient reports in the area. I searched the forum which provided lots of info on the Portland area, but none for Salem. Database lists a bunch of frequencies in Portland and Eugene.

Anyone have any idea what, if any, freqencies Life Flight uses in the Salem area? Thanks!

doovenator

Premium Subscriber
You can check out the HEAR channel used for ambulances/helicopters relaying patient information to hospitals, 155.340 in my area by may vary. https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=8010 The state radio project p25 shows they have a TG right under the state police section, but you would need a P25 Phase 2 capable scanner. Have you tried the Portland 463.175 frequency? might be able to pick it up if its on a repeater somewhere in between.

ScanRite

Premium Subscriber
LIFEFLIGHT REDMOND is on the Oregon State Radio Project (OSRP). Talkgroup 9161. You might pick them up from time to time when they fly to Portland.

Some Unit IDs:

901084 LIFEFLIGHT BASE
901085 LIFEFLIGHT
901086 LIFEFLIGHT
901161 LIFEFLIGHT 6
901163 LIFEFLIGHT
901166 LIFEFLIGHT 11

JATO757

Thank you all for the replies. I assumed they used a Nextel system or phone patch of some kind as I regularly monitor the HEAR frequency for Salem Hospital and have never heard Life Flight on it, even when they’re operating in the area. I’ve programmed the PDX system into my radio and I’ll see if I can pick them up there. Only other option is the CTAF air advisory frequency, but that is occupied by all the other KSLE area air traffic as well which I’m not interested in monitoring.

Thanks again for all the good info! You guys are a great help.

mm

The pilot will be using clearance/departure on salem tower 119.1 and paramedics/nurses use 155.34 to the hospital.

I was flying left seat in our bell jetranger recently playing with the radios and lifeflight was getting clearance on 119.1 for a landing at Salem hospital to go Northwest of McNary field so I tuned to 155.34 on my yaesu vx-6r and the flight nurse was just finishing up with a patient update.

radiotweester

"mm" beat me to it. Correct info.
463.175 Med 8 has been deprecated by LifeFight for years (along with Med 9 and Med 10)

JATO757

Well there's the answer. I guess it was just a coincidence I didn't receive the HEAR report on 463.175 the few times I was monitoring when Life Flight was operating in the area. Thanks @mm! Great information.

sparklehorse

Premium Subscriber
Here in Portland I hear them quite frequently on the Portland p25 system, talkgroup 2009. That is basically an ops channel, helo to base. I don't monitor the hospital talkgroups much, but it wouldn't surprise me to hear them on the OHSU or Emanuel talkgroup channels relaying patient info. But it's certainly possible they use NEXTEL or other means for that purpose as has been mentioned.

rightsaidfred

Here in Portland I hear them quite frequently on the Portland p25 system, talkgroup 2009. That is basically an ops channel, helo to base. I don't monitor the hospital talkgroups much, but it wouldn't surprise me to hear them on the OHSU or Emanuel talkgroup channels relaying patient info. But it's certainly possible they use NEXTEL or other means for that purpose as has been mentioned.

Nextel is not a system anymore. I have heard them on HEARS and aviation crews while in the Salem area.

OregonScanner

Premium Subscriber
Ambulances in Marion County use 155.3400 136.5 PL for Salem Memorial Hospital, 155.3400 203.5 PL for Silverton Hospital, and 155.290 123.0 PL for Sanitam Memorial Hospital. LifeFlight may come up on those.

pdxmedic

The aircraft can come up on pretty much any local VHF/UHF/800 channels to talk to EMS/fire and hospitals. Hospital contacts are predominantly made via the same VHF/800 channels the ambulances use. Obviously all the regular aviation freqs get used. Dispatch is via the trunking systems as described above, or by satphone in the aircraft.

JATO757

The aircraft can come up on pretty much any local VHF/UHF/800 channels to talk to EMS/fire and hospitals. Hospital contacts are predominantly made via the same VHF/800 channels the ambulances use. Obviously all the regular aviation freqs get used. Dispatch is via the trunking systems as described above, or by satphone in the aircraft.

Well that pretty much completely sums up my question. Thank you so much! Sounds like you have direct knowledge of the operation, so if you're involved thank you for what you do. LifeFlight and all those involved are an incredible resource for the community.

dkf435

In Linn, County the helicopters use 155.340 for hospitals in , Lebanon, Albany, Corvallis and will come up on VHF Fire 3/2 153.995, 154.130 or sometimes fire dispatch 154.310.

Status
Not open for further replies.