Life Link III

Status
Not open for further replies.

MNRotrMedic

LL3 in Alexandria

Dave (or anyone else for that matter)

Keep your ears to the ground, would ya? Life Link recently moved their St Cloud ship up to Alexandria. I have no idea (so far) how they're dispatched.

Even help on where to look would be great. There are no local LTR systems and no radio shops that i've found (on a quick look) that rents frequencies.

The FCC database wasn't much use either.

Matt

MNRotrMedic

I just drove out to the airport here in Alex. They've got a new 'modular home' on the grounds of the airport and 406LL was parked out on the apron.

Nothing obvious for antennas out there. Maybe they're just notified by alpha pagers or Nextels....

stmills

I will place my bet on West Central Communications System-WPPV298.

My logic:
Life Link III uses Motorola LTR Trunked radios, and there other providers:
ANCOM Metro, Alpha Wireless Hutchinson, Granite Electronics St. Cloud are all Motorola dealers.
West Central is a Motorola Dealer, Brandon is a Kenwood and Icom Dealer.

duchee

this is true lol. kinda the reason why i just submited them anyways haha. i will have to put in my wiki the frequencies i submit lol

box23

Info on WI and Northen MN Ops

At an LZ training this week I was talking to the director for the Rice Lake and Hibbing bases. He said LL6 out of Hibbing uses the Duluth system for dispatch now, but they are working on getting an additional one in the Hibbing/Virginia area. He said there is a system up there, but it's a little weird, so they don't want to use that one.

They also have a system in Rice Lake, but it happened to be down that night. Fleetwide they use Outerlink satellite tracking which is monitored both by LL3 Dispatch and the Air Methods operations center in Denver.

During his presentation he mentioned several times that they use tone paging. It seems logical to me that it would be possible for their LTR radios to receive a Quik Call II page right through the system. Would this be correct?

They are working on installing an additional system here in Wisconsin. There is no definite location yet, but they are looking for near Ashland to provide coverage into Ironwood, since it is quite a reach from the Duluth system.

One last tidbit of info. They also use their own simplex channels for communication with ground contacts. When within range the aircraft called to let him know they were in the area and have him relay to dispatch since both the Rice Lake system and Outerlink were down. I don't remember the exact channel name on the radio but I translated it to be "onscene tactical 1."

When the aircraft first called I didn't realize right away they were on their own frequency so I wasn't quick enough to get a hit on close call. When they left the presenter mentioned something on the radio, but it wasn't quite long enough to get an exact hit. I was watching the display and it was counting down in the 460-ish range. Not much help, I know.

I never thought about taking a picture, but in front of the stick under the instrument panel there was what appeared to be a Motorola CDM1250. I had never seen such a thing, but it was a really cool place to have it. Not in the way, but in perfect view.

Hope that helps.

Golson2210

So I live in the north metro and am trying to monitor Life Link, but for some reason my scanner isn't able to find the control channel.... any suggestions??

stmills

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile 6.0) Sprint S511)

The Ancom system LL3 is on is a LTR system which does not have a constant control channel. Every few seconds data is sent out on the channels of the system. On my 396 I get finding ctrlchan if I hold on 1 talkgroup but the radio still receives call on that talkgroup.

MNRotrMedic

LL III Ancom System

The database has changed to show that Ancom system that Life Link is on has become a MotoTrbo system.

I saw a LL3 ground unit recently and they don't have any TRBO Mobile or portables. They are still using LTR capable CDM & HT radios.

Anyone know why this change was made?

Does anyone have a link to the old LCNs for the old LTR system? I'd like to check to see if they're still there.

Thanks

stmills

ANCOM is running a Mototrbo system and 1 or 2 frequencies from the system LL3 is on have been moved to Mototrbo but the LTR system is still active. The talkgroups listed are the LTR talkgroup ids and most listed are still active. The last 3 digits are the talkgroup, the first 1 or 2 digits make up the control channel- 030027 is listed for ll3, the correct ltr format would be 0-03-027.
LCNS are
01 451.8625
02 461.6000
03 463.9250
08 451.3750
09 464.9500
10 451.8750
14 464.4000
18 451.9250
19 463.2250

Yesterday LL3 announced that as of 6/30/2011 they will only be an Air ambulance service and will dissolve the ground transportation division of the company.

MPSMP

I did catch some Lifelink related traffic at 1425hrs today on 463.925. Dispatch was asking life link 4 about weather conditions. The scanner I was searching that area of the band on does not follow the type of system they use so I was not able to catch anything after that..

mattnelson26

Feed Provider
Any one have any info on Lifelink III. do they still use the ANCOM system or apco-25 for dispatch. I live in the west metro and would love to start monitoring dispatch.

thanks,
matt

johnmoe1

I'm not sure I had ever listened to that before. They have some great tones that sound like they were taken from an old video game or something.

In the last 33-ish days, down in Dakota County, I received what I think is Life Link audio on these ARMER talkgroups. The sites listed are sites that transmitted >= 90% of the audio that I received. I have no way* of knowing if I am getting 1% or 100% of the audio for a talkgroup or which sites might have more of it.
Code:
tg#	min:sec		Site(s)
2115	899:12.66	All over the place/No site had most of it.
2117	58:54.84	Minneapolis
2119	108:47.34	Anoka
2121	126:23.76	Anoka & City Center
2123	99:45.18	Anoka
2125	98:17.88	City Center

* or at least not an easy way right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.