Life Team 20 and "Skip"

Status
Not open for further replies.

FFighter81

This morning I heard a radio test and page test for LifeTeam 20 on 152.435. The reason I have that frequency in my scanner is because it is a business band frequency of a friend of mine from North Dakota that is a custom harvestor.

With the approaching cold front from the northwest, the radio waves have really opened up this morning. I am hearing UHF from northeast Kansas.

With skip being the way it is this morning, I don't know if the lifeteam 20 tone test was a fluke and I will never hear it again or if it is something I need to start monitoring a little closer.

If some of you wouldn't mind, would you monitor that frequency and see if you hear any traffic on it?

Thanks!

FFighter81

n0lqt

Tropo

Looks like we had a stupendous opening on the VHF and UHF bands this morning, if you were hearing LifeTeam from that distance. Tropospheric ducting (skip in the UHF/VHFhi bands) can push a signal hundreds of miles beyond the normal range. (Dirty Harry on Ch 26 out of Juarez, MX is just plain hilarious!) That was about 900 miles on a UHF TV signal

I had the Pro-96 on this morning in the offfice as was picking up solid control channels on both the Severy and Independence KSIS towers just using the standard rubber duckie. Make that about 130+ miles

Status
Not open for further replies.