Lifecomm No More?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetskiman98

Wirelessly posted (iPhone : Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_4 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11B554a Safari/9537.53)

I heard a nasty rumor last night from a very reliable source that Lifecomm (Mercer County) will be no more as of May 1st. Anyone else hear it yet? As someone who used to work for Capital Health and in Lifecomm in the past, I'd be very curious to hear what's going on.

jetskiman98

Wirelessly posted (iPhone : Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_4 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11B554a Safari/9537.53)

My source at Central said that Mercer County is not interested. That's not to say Central, who is currently upgrading all 7 consoles but only uses 3 on a daily basis, isn't interested. They've set up the room to have 2 dedicated call taker positions, 6 dispatchers (radio and phone) and 1 supervisor desk. There is certainly room for EMS or even the sheriffs. No one seems to know the master plan. If there even is one.

jetskiman98

As of Wenesday Lifecomm and Mercer County Central have started a merger. Some of the Lifecomm employees are operating (with their CAD) at Central. All units are now being dispatched on Fire 1. Currently there is a patch to JEMS1 while the EMS units radios are being reprogrammed. Once everyone's radios and pagers have been programmed dispatches on JEMS1 will go away. Until the CAD situation is worked out, central's dispatchers are being cross trained with Lifecomm and vice verse. The actually take over will be July 1st. There was an article on NJ.com about how the municipalities will have to decided by July 1st if they want Central to handle their EMS calls.

Lawrence first to team with county to provide emergency medical dispatch services | NJ.com

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.