Lifeflight Portland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fielder3

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know what frequencies Lifeflight is now using for their ground hospital to hospital fleet? They have added a bunch of vans into service. I'm not sure if they are using Aurora as a base or something closer in to the metro area.

radiotweester

As there's no new in FCC ULS for Oregon, my guess would be the BOEC and WCCCA Trunked HEAR talkgroups. I saw one of the vans at St V a few weeks back, but wasn't quick enough to see the antennas. You might also try the 2 LifeFlight TGs on BOEC, but I'd guess those are still aircraft only.

V_A_R_I_A_B_L_E

CIA Agent
Feed Provider
Saw this today and remembered this post so I snapped some pics for ya....It's kinda looking like maybe they don't use radios at all?

There's what appears to be an AM/FM whip near the hood, and a small shark fin on the roof. Pics of 2020 Ford Transit vans online make it seem as though these are probably both stock from the factory. The rest of the roof looks slick, nothing aftermarket besides lighting.

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 39
  • side.jpg
    side.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 45
  • interior.jpg
    interior.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 46
  • interior closeup.jpg
    interior closeup.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 42

radiotweester

I've not heard any HEAR traffic on either BOEC or WCCCA besides the helos, so I'm guessing maybe they are back to using phones and got away from contracting with AMR and MetroWest aircraft/hospital transfers? I'll try to check next time a fixedwing transfer comes in to HIO.

jasone234

I work for lifeflight we use Verizon phones for dispatching push to talk.
We are bls non emergency and wheelchair vans.mostly pt transport from hospital to care centers or rehab facilities.

KE7JFF

I work for lifeflight we use Verizon phones for dispatching push to talk.
We are bls non emergency and wheelchair vans.mostly pt transport from hospital to care centers or rehab facilities.

I think the PANDAs have a VHF radio still....at least on the last one I had to do a jump start on at OHSU...

mm

Never found ground transport freq's but I monitor lifeflight Air, dispatch here in salem on two different systems. Number 1 is the oregon state system using a BCD325P2 without any issues, monitoring in single CC mode 769.46875 MHz, system 000A - site 0303 on Talk group 9161.

The 2nd system where I monitor Lifeflight dispatch is on the Portland P25 system also in single CC monitor mode. System; 03CC- 0123 on either Goat Mtn CC 773.48125 MHz or east simulcast CC 773.48125 MHz on talkgroup 2009.

Not much talk aside from dispatch and some amin stuff but they are there.

Status
Not open for further replies.