Lifeflight traffic

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfolta1

2bravo,,youll love this.... your chopper unit sees lightning,calls dispatch on 38416,
asks if theres storms in the area,,dispatch says no storms,says radar is up to date and nothing on it....im sitting here at ch8 and am looking at a developing storm already on vipir etc with lightning and a level 3 status............you guys should get a live radar feed.....

car2back

I woke up about 3 or 4am this morning hearing thunder and thought to my self WTF?, then I pulled up the weather radar loop on the NWS website and was suprised to see how quickly those storms came out of nowhere! That's Oklahoma for you, I guess!:lol:

CommShrek

mfolta1 said:
2bravo,,youll love this.... your chopper unit sees lightning,calls dispatch on 38416,
asks if theres storms in the area,,dispatch says no storms,says radar is up to date and nothing on it....im sitting here at ch8 and am looking at a developing storm already on vipir etc with lightning and a level 3 status............you guys should get a live radar feed.....

Grrr....to my defense, I wasn't on duty. I was working a part time though and I heard that on the radio. We have a live radar, however when the person on duty looked at the radar it wasn't updating like it should have been. I actually called the comm. center right after I heard that to talk with the person on duty.

That one's not our fault. I'm going to have to blame technical difficulties. There's also some software issues, and some internet connection issues. I think we're doing the best we can though.

When day shift is working, most of the time the weather coverage is top notch. The comm. center supervisor is VERY knowledgeable about the weather and keeps VERY good tabs on it. I call him rountinely when I'm not here to get updates if we have stuff in our area. We have things like OK-FIRST and some other resources we can double check the live feed against and also get more detailed information.

Status
Not open for further replies.