LifeStar Air EMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Since I have been to my future new home a couple of times now, I have noticed that Amarillo has a helicopter medical service called LifeStar. I am wondering if this the same company that is found in the Sherman, TX and other North TX areas?

I did some Internet searching and although I can find information on both (panhandle and N. TX) I really don't seem to be able to link them as the same entity.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Lou,
Here in the North Central Texas area, LifeStar is dispatched by, & thus affiliated operationally with, AMR. Don't know if there is an ownership involvement, or simply a working agreement.

Does AMR operate in the Amarillo area?

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
hiegtx said:
Does AMR operate in the Amarillo area?
Not that I have seen. But of course I have only been up there a few days twice so far and have not have the time to study the situation. I will ask the wife when I talk to her next since she is already there and works in the ER she should know. :D

I did enter the LifeStar (which is based at the NW Med Center) dispatch/ops information in the Potter Co. page but was just wondering what the connection with the other like named outfit might be. I did find a reference somewhere in my searches about Wichita Falls have LifeStar also but now can't find it again. :mad:

prtzel

There is no connection. Lifestar is just a name that certain helicopter services use. Just like Flight for Life or Life Flight. There are dozens of Flight for life and Lifeflight programs nationwide and most are not affiliated with each other. Lifestar in Amarillo is operated by Northwest Texas Hospital, the county hospital.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
prtzel said:
There is no connection. Lifestar is just a name that certain helicopter services use. Just like Flight for Life or Life Flight. There are dozens of Flight for life and Lifeflight programs nationwide and most are not affiliated with each other. Lifestar in Amarillo is operated by Northwest Texas Hospital, the county hospital.
Thanks for the info. :)

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Yes Mike, thanks a lot. Looks like the vendor is the one of the same ones my wife dealt with when we were in SD.

Status
Not open for further replies.