Lifestar Ambulance

Status
Not open for further replies.

NS9710

I was curious if they operated by radio, and if anyone knew their frequency? I see they have the antenna on them, but that's about all I know

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
Doubt it. They appear to be a private company doing non emergency transfers. Wouldn't be surprised they use cell phones.

Most states require all licensed ambulances to have a radio of some form to contact hospitals or for disaster purposes. ie 155.340

W4UVV

I'm only seeing two fixed sites (locations) both in Emporia on that license and no class MOI (mobile-itinerant) frequencies so the answer is no
-------------
Incorrect. The correct answer is "Yes". Read carefully (WPRR647). Lifestar Ambulance Service has is authorized up to 15 mobiles: (O) 151.0025/155.7825 mhz., (I) pl 131.8 & 155.3850 simplex base simplex...probably also 131.8 hz. pl. LifeStar is a favorite customer of the Virginia Dept. of Corrections.

In order to determine whether or not the licensee is authorized for "statewide" operation, select "Locations". If the display lists "Statewide", it will state such as example just shown. Otherwise, it is not for a "Statewide" operation. A different location(s) will display for LifeStar's area of operation. In this case, "Lifestar Ambulance Service" is authorized to operate within a 25 mile LOS area of Emporia, VA. To convert kilometers to miles, multiply 5/6 x the km value in this case "25" . It will get you close to the actual mileage distance. If you forgot your 6th grade math classes regarding using fractions, sorry I can't help you there. The audio emission type(s) for this license is "11K2F3E" = Analog, "11K2F2D" = Digital. Obviously, the "Digital" option can be ignored. However, often multiple audio emissions are authorized depending upon also being licensed for others baselines, i.e., (DMR)MOTOTRBO, NXDN/NEXEDGE, Phase 1, and Phase 2.

If one knows how to decipher FCC basic license data items and their interrelationships, often it will save one from frustration, guessing and wrong conclusions. Most of us have done it, myself included. Generally it is not that hard, but it can take a lot of time on a large frequency's/user's license. Additionally, for me, I have to use a pencil and paper in order to determine the correct data frequency's/user and user/frequency's relationships. Even then occasionally for a few multiple frequency/user relationships and vice versa, I have to guess.

If you do not have a copy of the "APCO Spectrum Emissions Designator List" from the "Spectrum Management Section" website or the "FCC Emissions Codes List" and "FCC Station Class Codes" website, GET A COPY EACH NOW FOR REFERENCE. Possibly something similar is available from a RR search for downloading. I prefer to download only from the APCO and FCC websites for the latest greatest data to download because these two sites MUST be 100% correct daily.

FYI presently, there approximately are over 20 different emission type relationships for those radio systems licensed to use more than one audio emission type. For example, a radio system user is licensed is for audio emissions types "Analog or APCO P25 Phase 1 or Phase 2 (or both) , or (DMR)MOTOTRBO, or NXDN/NEXEDGE operation. In this example, a total of 6 audio emissions are authorized.

John:)
W4UVV

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
-------------
151.0025/155.7825 mhz, (I) pl 131.8 & 155.3850 simplex base simplex...probably also 131.8 hz. pl. LifeStar is a favorite customer of the Virginia Dept. of Corrections.
Where are you seeing PL info?

In order to determine whether or not the licensee is authorized for "statewide" operation, select "Locations". If the display lists "Statewide", it will state such as example just shown. Otherwise, it is not for a "Statewide" operation.
Already done & it isn't listed for this particular licensee

Last edited:

fredva

Feed Provider
-------------
Incorrect. The correct answer is "Yes". Read carefully (WPRR647). Lifestar Ambulance Service has is authorized up to 15 mobiles: (O) 151.0025/155.7825 mhz., (I) pl 131.8 & 155.3850 simplex base simplex...probably also 131.8 hz. pl. LifeStar is a favorite customer of the Virginia Dept. of Corrections.

In order to determine whether or not the licensee is authorized for "statewide" operation, select "Locations". If the display lists "Statewide", it will state such as example just shown. Otherwise, it is not for a "Statewide" operation. A different location(s) will display for LifeStar's area of operation. In this case, "Lifestar Ambulance Service" is authorized to operate within a 25 mile LOS area of Emporia, VA. To convert kilometers to miles, multiply 5/6 x the km value in this case "25" . It will get you close to the actual mileage distance. If you forgot your 6th grade math classes regarding using fractions, sorry I can't help you there. The audio emission type(s) for this license is "11K2F3E" = Analog, "11K2F2D" = Digital. Obviously, the "Digital" option can be ignored. However, often multiple audio emissions are authorized depending upon also being licensed for others baselines, i.e., (DMR)MOTOTRBO, NXDN/NEXEDGE, Phase 1, and Phase 2.

I'm not seeing where Whiskey3JMC's statement is incorrect. In other words, I'm not seeing evidence that LifeStar's system is capable of statewide communication. In order to have statewide communication, there would need to be a statewide network of repeaters. The license doesn't show that.

W4UVV

I'm not seeing where Whiskey3JMC's statement is incorrect. In other words, I'm not seeing evidence that LifeStar's system is capable of statewide communication. In order to have statewide communication, there would need to be a statewide network of repeaters. The license doesn't show that.
----------

It is very simple to understand. As I posted, typically you have a BINARY choice under "Locations". It will display either "Statewide" or otherwise the appropriate geographical area(s) of operation for the licensee. I NEVER said or implied that "Lifestar Ambulance Service" was a "Statewide" service.

I was providing an EXAMPLE not stating a FACT.

Select license WPRR647. Select "Locations". You will see listed:

1 - Fixed: 508 East Atlantic St.,
Emporia, VA with the appropriate lat,long degrees info

2 - Mobile: 40 km radius of a fixed location 1 (which is 508 East Atlantic St.
Emporia, VA)

3 - Fixed: 935 South Main St.
Emporia, VA (Greensville Co.) with the appropriate lat, long degrees info. FYI Emporia is an independent city adjacent to Greensville Co. Some documents also require that a county to be listed).

4 - Mobile: 40 km radius of a fixed location 3

That means Lifestar has two fixed locations. The first location is at 508 East Atlantic Ave. and the second at 935 South Main St. both in Emporia, VA. Each of Lifestar's mobiles can have comms via their repeater or have comms with the base unit or mobile to mobile via simplex.

The PL I provided was obtained from my past off air monitoring and entered as one of the 73,100 records in my frequency database.

End of my responses on this subject.

John
W4UVV

Status
Not open for further replies.