• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Lifetime Handgun Permits Now Available in Indiana!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Will drop my app off next week..Finally, we are the first to do something. Lets hope other right to carry states follow suit. To know that I can carry for the rest of my life is a feeling I just can't put into words..Thanks to my Local Rep too, Mr. Nugent!

mancow

Database Admin
That's great to hear. We just got a conceal carry bill passed here in Kansas as. It's not a lifetime thing but atleast it's something.

Radio1114

Laws are to strict in Canada.We have a hard time getting a license to hunt with today. lol

hoser147

Hopefully the Buckeye state will follow suit right now we have to renew every 4 years with a reenstatement fee. How is Indiana doing it with the fee's for the lifetime permit? Ohio needs to redo ours to restrictive, they keep saying they are going to but cant agree on nothing...........hoser147

hoser147 said:
Hopefully the Buckeye state will follow suit right now we have to renew every 4 years with a reenstatement fee. How is Indiana doing it with the fee's for the lifetime permit? Ohio needs to redo ours to restrictive, they keep saying they are going to but cant agree on nothing...........hoser147
Not only that, but it seems like, from what I've heard, that there's still an adversarial atmosphere in Ohio when it comes to CCW, regardless of the law.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
hoser147 said:

$100 One time fee for life..That's it. First time App's it is $125.

MacombMonitor

Michigan went from a 3-year to a 5-year. Hopefully, as they get buried in expensive paperwork, they too will go for a lifetime CCW.

The liberals shouldn't be too concerned. After all, if they believe what they say, we'll all kill each other within a year anyway.

Maybe people are starting to realize that we can be trusted to carry a weapon and not go on a killing spree! As they say, an armed society is a polite society! ;)

MacombMonitor said:
The liberals shouldn't be too concerned. After all, if they believe what they say, we'll all kill each other within a year anyway.
LOL. That's the funniest thing I've heard all week! :D

The law in OK allows for a 5-year term.

SCPD

I am a liberal but I do believe that law-abiding citizens should have the right to have guns. Maybe not CCW though, but that is a different topic.
I like how they have it were if you commit a serous crime they will take away your permit.

kd7rto

I'm no liberal, quite the opposite, and I oppose CCW permits.

The US Constitution guarantees the people not only the right to keep arms, but the right to keep and bear arms. By accepting a concealed carry permit, you are accepting the idea that carrying is a privilege granted by permit, rather than a constitutional right.

You also allowing limp-wristed, lisp-talking politicians to believe that they have settled the issue of law abiding carrying weapons, and that passing open carry laws, or preferably Vermont-style carry, is not necessary. Here in Utah (we have CCW BTW), open carry is not specifically prohibited, though Ellie (LE) has been known to arrest people, or tell them to take the gun and lock it in the car.

Furthermore, when you accept a CCW permit, you are voluntarily putting your name on an official state list of known gun owners, and you are raising a serious red flag for an officer during a traffic stop. My fellow right-wingers hate gun registration, but they love this form of gun owner registration. This makes absolutely no sense to me.

STiMULi

There are other lists you can be put on. Like danger to police. Criminal possesion of a firearm and many many others.

In Arizona I have been a CCW permit holder since I could legally carry and a CCW possessor before that. I have never had a problem with the LEO here. Yes I have been pulled over numerous times with and without the gun in my possesion. Never an issue.

In the CommunistWealth of Virginina on the other hand a different story. A police officer attempted to use his knowledge of my CCW permit as his right to treat me like a criminal. (I had just justifiably beat the crap out of someone for attacking me but I never even suggested I had a gun) Needless to say I was not arrested for anything but the cop was an ASS just the same).

The ATF knows I have guns. The police know I have guns. But the Bad guys are never sure. (But I always do :))

Status
Not open for further replies.