• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Lifetime Handgun Permits Now Available in Indiana!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoser147

Most States you cannot purchase a firearm if you are not a resident. As a CCW permit holder the officer stopping you will know that you have the permit shortly after he runs your license plate number it will show that you are a CCw permit holder. It is the law in Ohio that you advise the officer if you are carrying wether you are stopped or approached by an officer...........hoser147

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
mancow said:
That's great to hear. We just got a conceal carry bill passed here in Kansas as. It's not a lifetime thing but atleast it's something.
Let us know when the Great State of Kansas begins reciprocity with other states offering CCW permits.

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
hoser147 said:
Most States you cannot purchase a firearm if you are not a resident.
Not entirely true - unless you reside in California

As a CCW permit holder the officer stopping you will know that you have the permit shortly after he runs your license plate number it will show that you are a CCw permit holder.
Also not entirely true - depends on if the person being pulled over resides in the same state as the agency making the stop AND then only if that state's db query attaches that info to the DL/LP info

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Ya I dont get it..Indiana Honors OH permit, but OH does not honor IN permit....Oh well at least I got KY, TN..The 2 most places I travel. Woud be nice to have Cincinnati though...

SCPD

STiMULi said:
Some dummy assaulted me and I beat the stuffing out of him and then had the police called. When the (very unprofessional at the time Prince William County) Police arrived one young officer, after IDing me, wanted to know where my gun was.

I replied which gun?

He wanted to know where the gun was that I had with me?

I asked him which gun did I have with me?
(I did not have a gun with me - which was probably a good thing for me and the guy I just face smashed)

Needless to say a more experienced officer came around and asked if I was in possession of a gun at the time of the incident?
I said no
All YOU had to say was I don't have a gun on me instead of saying "which gun?" You wouldn't of had a problem. You being the way you are, a smart ass, you pushed it. Don't ***** about the cop he was not in the wrong.

STiMULi

KG4WHM said:
You being the way you are, a smart ass, you pushed it.

You are not worth the time to discuss this with.

I would rather attack you with mean spirited name calling but that would be too easy.

Instead I will let you show your pacifistical manner to the rest of the world and wish that when that day comes, when you or the ones you love are threatened, you will stop and for that split second before you are not quite sure if you will have your brains splattered all over the place or not and wonder if things would be different if...

...your cell phone was a gun.

Last edited:

SCPD

STiMULi said:
when you or the ones you love are threatened, you will stop and for that split second before you are not quite sure if you will have your brains splattered all over the place or not and wonder if things would be different if...

...your cell phone was a gun.
I'll ask you this. Have you ever been shot at or even seen a shooting? I have seen a shooting and been shot at. I did not have a gun either times. I still don't want a gun.

Can you shoot accurately while someone has gun pointed at you or shooting at you? I dought it. How many times have you used your precious gun for protection?

If someone is about to splatter my brains all over the place it would not matter if I have a gun or not. If someone is about to splatter your brains all over the place it will not matter if you have your gun either.The person will shoot you, me, or any else if they want to even if you have a gun.

NeFire242

KG4WHM said:
I'll ask you this. Have you ever been shot at or even seen a shooting?
Yup.

KG4WHM said:
I have seen a shooting and been shot at. I did not have a gun either times.
Walk it off.

KG4WHM said:
I still don't want a gun.
I sleep better at night knowing you don't have one. =p

KG4WHM said:
Can you shoot accurately while someone has gun pointed at you or shooting at you? I dought it.
The gun is big enough you don't have to aim. Just point in the general direction.

KG4WHM said:
How many times have you used your precious gun for protection?
Couple of times when answering the door in the middle of the night on the farm.

KG4WHM said:
If someone is about to splatter my brains all over the place it would not matter if I have a gun or not. If someone is about to splatter your brains all over the place it will not matter if you have your gun either.The person will shoot you, me, or any else if they want to even if you have a gun.
Of couse they'd be shooting at you. You'd be in front of me while I'm shooting back at them over your shoulder. Sheesh.

kd7rto

STiMULi said:
I couldn't imagine making a statement like that with my callsign attatched to it :)
I'm not at all worried about the ATF reading this board, looking up my callsign, and noting somewhere that I legally own guns. I'd say they have higher priorities.

Now if I were to be promoting "unfriendly" behavior on amateur frequencies (though I would never do such a thing), I would expect some of the ham-a-nazis to report my posts to Riley Hollingsworth. Those who read the FCC enforcement logs know that Riley has a history of citing internet behavior when challenging a wayward ham's eligibility to remain licensed. It is a blatant civil rights violation for a government official to stifle speech in this way, though this point seems to be missed by the "we-must-clean-up-ham-radio" crowd.

Last edited:

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Deleted the 2 above flame posts...Keep it civil please, This is a good discussion and it doesn't need to be ruined because of personal attacks..State your position without the name calling, really, it can be done :)

Last edited:

hoser147

Scannerfreak Im not sure why Ohio doesnt recognize Indianas permits. Indiana has had permits alot longer than Ohio. Does Indiana Require any kind of class for the permit? I know it used to be you just applied at your county Sheriff's office. Its been kinda interesting with each bussiness being able to decide and post on their door whether you can carry in their store, it dont stop the bad guys from carrying a firearm in, which has been proven by numerous robberies occuring in stores that have it posted, its like telling the bad guys come on in no one is armed. And it has happened that way here in Ohio. I personally will go to stores that dont have it posted on the door. When they wrote our law it was a screwed up deal even off duty LE had to honor the No weapons signs on the door, but they have now rewrote that part of the law and hopefully when they decide how the next wave of changes come thru they will honor Indianas permits after all its called reciprocy. hoser147

Hoser

what I really hate about the Ohio law is the cities making their own rules... When I go down to Camp Perry for the CMP national matches one city is a no carry city. Also having to expose the pistol when I cross the state line from Michigan is stupid!!! Nothing like get out of car cover up pistol. Go to get back in the car expose pistol.

STiMULi

scanner_freak said:
Deleted the 2 above flame posts...Keep it civil please, This is a good discussion and it doesn't need to be ruined because of personal attacks..State your position without the name calling, really, it can be done :)
But you have to admit I had a well worded comeback. :)

Colorado is the worst of the states that I have been too. Each Sheriff gets to approve or disapprove who gets a CCW permit.

Generally as a non-resident of the Colorado I have more rights than a resident because of reciprocity. Figure that one out.

hoser147

Newbie i agree completely, i had to question that part of the law several times the law states that it can be holstered but in plain view or in glove compartment. Im a lefty and in the holster it is not really in plain view when holstered due to it being between me and the door. It will be interesting to see were the law goes when they get done hashing it out. Seem's the Highway Patrol wants it one way, the Sheriffs want it another way.When the law first came about I told my teenage children to keep their hands in plain view if they were stopped by LE, due to the fact that when they are stopped the officer would know that I had CCW, Well my daughter went to pick up my son and 3 of his freinds after a superbowl party and a State Trooper stopped them, My daughter told the boys to stick there hands up in the air, the trooper approached the car and ask why they all had their hands in the air and my daughter told him he cracked up laughing about it, gave her a verbal warnng about her speed and they were on thier way. The no carry city is part of the changes in the law they are looking at, it will be interesting to see how things pan out. take care and good Scannin hoser147

STiMULi said:
But you have to admit I had a well worded comeback. :)

Colorado is the worst of the states that I have been too. Each Sheriff gets to approve or disapprove who gets a CCW permit.

Generally as a non-resident of the Colorado I have more rights than a resident because of reciprocity. Figure that one out.

I would watch that. Most reciprocity agreements have you following the state laws of where you visit. Call the AG or state police of where you are going before that to make sure.

STiMULi

Colorado law (CRS 18-12-213) states that Colorado will recognize a valid permit issued in another state IF the permittee is 21 yrs of age or older AND the other state recognizes Colorado permits as valid in their state. We are currently researching which states fall into that category. This list will be updated as we receive confirmation back from attorneys general in the other 49 states.

ARIZONA - YES

18-12-213. Reciprocity.
A permit to carry a concealed handgun or a concealed weapon that is issued to a person twenty-one years of age or older by a state that recognizes the validity of permits issued pursuant to this part 2 shall be valid in this state in all respects as a permit issued pursuant to this part 2.

More here.

When you carry you must be informed

STiMULi said:
Colorado law (CRS 18-12-213) states that Colorado will recognize a valid permit issued in another state IF the permittee is 21 yrs of age or older AND the other state recognizes Colorado permits as valid in their state. We are currently researching which states fall into that category. This list will be updated as we receive confirmation back from attorneys general in the other 49 states.

ARIZONA - YES

18-12-213. Reciprocity.
A permit to carry a concealed handgun or a concealed weapon that is issued to a person twenty-one years of age or older by a state that recognizes the validity of permits issued pursuant to this part 2 shall be valid in this state in all respects as a permit issued pursuant to this part 2.

More here.

When you carry you must be informed
Yes it recognizes your permit but you must follow their restriction when you are there.

Status
Not open for further replies.