Light off when powered off

Status
Not open for further replies.

phirephoto

Premium Subscriber
Hi All,

Can I turn off the light when the scanner is off, but still connected to power (at home)? Right now, when I turn off the scanner, the light stays on.

jdolina

Premium Subscriber
If you have the backlight set to always on 'ON' the light will stay on. If yo set it for one of the others like normal for backlight during squelch break it will turn off.

Ed6698

I am going to take a guess here as the original poster did not specify which radio. The only time I have seen this happen is when using my WS1095 and leaving the USB cable connected to computer while listening to the scanner. Turning off the scanner the screen stays lit, as far as I know there is no way to turn off the light, other then disconnecting the USB cable from computer.

phirephoto

Premium Subscriber
I am going to take a guess here as the original poster did not specify which radio. The only time I have seen this happen is when using my WS1095 and leaving the USB cable connected to computer while listening to the scanner. Turning off the scanner the screen stays lit, as far as I know there is no way to turn off the light, other then disconnecting the USB cable from computer.

Sorry, thought I did say TRX-2.. And even with the usb disconnected it still stays on. Apparently Always On means always on, even when off. Sort of bad design, IMHO...

Ed6698

Sorry, thought I did say TRX-2.. And even with the usb disconnected it still stays on. Apparently Always On means always on, even when off. Sort of bad design, IMHO...

That is not due to the design. There is something else going on. With my radio set to always On the light goes off when power is off.

TAbirdman

Do you have the clock option turned on?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

DJ11DLN

Different radio, but they are pretty closely related: My WS-1098 did this when I was first getting it set up. I reloaded the FW and also deep-formatted and reloaded the SD card so I can't say which fixed it...but it behaved after that. Light and clock on when power off if checked, light and clock off if unchecked. One or the other was corrupted at some level, yet the scanner powered up and received just fine, before and after. Just a suggestion you might try.

Status
Not open for further replies.