Light Rail Train Deraiment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scanman6

In Progress: Sac RT Derailment (3D) near Globe Station - no passanger infuries - possible operator injury -

TG57040 - 57232 - Fire

time element 10 Min

Scan man 6 FIRST POST TO THIS SITE

Last edited:

Scanman6

most of the chatter now is on RT channels, Media is on scene so Sac folks will see it on the news tonight. I record my scan traffic so I can go back and determine what pacts I can. It sounded like the train hit one or two trucks, unconfirmed at this time.

I'm still looking for the How To on posting. Sorry for the "Look" of the posts.

Scanman 6

BK245XLT
BC246T
BCD396T
IC-R2
IC-R3
PRO-83
PRO2017

Scanman6

Globe Station is north of the Royal Oaks Station at Arden and Del Paso Ave. I've started general scanning now because the activity level is slowing down. occasionally i get hits as RT deals with shuttle bus service.

The first time I eveer heard the "beeper" on an RT Channel.

Still have to check the recording I'm suprised I'm not hearing much much from RT Maintainance. Maybe they're face2face

Last edited:

Scanman6

Mor info; RT train 7 derailed - call from operator came in 121130 hours - no auto vs train - maint. was talking about the trains wheel packs called "trucks". The operator reported stomach pain and was pretty shaken. I gather he was taken to the hospital, but I don't monitor Abmo calls. Maint. and dispactch was working on something around Globe station and seemed to be moving a disabled train "Consist". Unknown at this time if this was a factor.

just hear that things are getting back to normal as far as transit traffic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.