Light Ring

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThomasMcKean

This light ring on the 536 is really getting me down.

I mean yeah, I like it, and I have it all fancy programmed with all the different pretty colors and what not.

The problem is it goes off! ARGH!

Can this firmware maybe be updated to keep it ON as long as people are talking, please? I know I am not the first to ask, and I am pretty sure I won't be the last.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
This suggestion has been made to Uniden some time ago. They haven't said they would consider a change.

ThomasMcKean

This suggestion has been made to Uniden some time ago. They haven't said they would consider a change.

I have no doubt it was suggested. Likely many times! My specialty is certainly not programming scanner firmware, but I am really thinking adding this option would not be too difficult?

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Yes you'd think it is something simple, but for as many people have suggested it and it not being done, there's probably a reason why it hasn't.

If someone said they didn't want to do that because it may draw battery power (436 version), it would make sense.

At any rate, it would be nice to know for sure.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I have no doubt it was suggested. Likely many times! My specialty is certainly not programming scanner firmware, but I am really thinking adding this option would not be too difficult?

If you search around the Uniden forums, you'll find that the subject has been discussed at length in many threads concerning different model Uniden scanners.

It seems there is a matter of patent issues with the "other" manufacturer having patented the light staying on during the entire transmission. Uniden's way of not violating the patent is to have a "timed" on period for the light.

ThomasMcKean

If you search around the Uniden forums, you'll find that the subject has been discussed at length in many threads concerning different model Uniden scanners.

It seems there is a matter of patent issues with the "other" manufacturer having patented the light staying on during the entire transmission. Uniden's way of not violating the patent is to have a "timed" on period for the light.

!!!!! I didn't know it was patented? Very sneaky. And smart!

Status
Not open for further replies.