• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

light selections

Status
Not open for further replies.

landonjensen

hello everyone
i was wondering does anyone have any ideas on amber lights that would be good for a ford explorer ? my brother has a catering buisness, and i want to get him some type of warning lights, and they have to be amber. He has a trailer too, so maybe a light on it too?
i am looking to spend about $50 or under. Any ideas?

bwhite

The latest stuff I've seen on the state cop cars are the very low profile LED lights, even in bright sunlight they are extremely visible. No idea what they cost or where to get 'em.

OpSec

Code 21, Status 7
Database Admin
Since you are in CA, you need to read VC 25250 thru VC 25282, as found HERE

Don't be suprised if a CHP officer sees it and wants the light(s) gone...

Last edited:

n4voxgill

Silent Key
maybe the food is o bad the health department requires the warning lilght. i can't believe his other post on this was locked and he just opened a new one.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
n4voxgill said:
maybe the food is o bad the health department requires the warning lilght. i can't believe his other post on this was locked and he just opened a new one.
Actually he opened this before the other one was locked. He hasn't posted anything since 2:30 AM (CDT (my time)) today as of a few seconds ago. Perhaps this one will die off of its own accord.

Signal3and2

Premium Subscriber
you should probably stop making these threads. If you hadn't noticed, your last one was locked as the previous 2 gentlemen were discussing. IBTL

Anyway, Its a CATERING VAN. They deliver FOOD. Unless he's parking his van in the center lane of the interstate, he doesnt need lights. But if he really thinks he needs something, most autoparts stores (checkers, oriellys, advanced, napa, autozone) usually sell cheap halogen rotator lights that have magnetic mounts and plug into your cigarette lighter for about 20-30 bucks. If nobody sells them out there, you can rest assured it's probably not even legal. My guess is, with as anal as California is about lights, amber lights aren't allowed on anything except construction, plow, utility, tow trucks, and similiar type vehicles.

KG4FOY

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
landonjensen said:
hello everyone
i was wondering does anyone have any ideas on amber lights that would be good for a ford explorer ? my brother has a catering buisness, and i want to get him some type of warning lights, and they have to be amber. He has a trailer too, so maybe a light on it too?
i am looking to spend about $50 or under. Any ideas?
The red trailer lights that are made for that purpose, the ones that hook up to the brake wire, you can get them at autozone for about $25.

What, is he gonna run code so the food doesn't get cold?......you're a tool....

Status
Not open for further replies.