Lightning Protection for Tower

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flatshovel

I have a question regarding proper lightning protection for a setup that I am looking to do. I have attached a picture to try to help explain the setup. I have a fold over mast that is buried directly into the ground about 5 feet. On the mast I would like to attach a scanner antenna, VHF 2 meter antenna and a HF dipole antenna that would be feed with ladderline. To feed the antennas into the house I was thinking about using a window feedthrough panel like the MFJ-4602. I was thinking of lightning protection would be to use a box where I can directly ground all coax and feed lines via a bulkhead adapter that would be mounted to copper and grounded by a ground rod and also grounded to the main electrical service ground rod as well. After making my connection here, then feed the coax to the window feed though panel. The window panel will be grounded directly outside of the window with a ground rod and that ground rod connected to the electrical service ground as well. With the window unit I can ground all my equipment to it and then back to the main electical ground. Does this sound like a good idea? Any ideas or suggestions as I need help figuring out to plan this for protection. I was also thinking about Polypasers on the coax lines to also help, not sure how to ground the dipole for protection as of yet.

Thanks,
Joey

Attachments

• Shack.jpg
    Shack.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 6,007
Status
Not open for further replies.