TRX-2: Limit Search selection criteria

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaFive

There are specific selection options available on the Limit Search because of the previous firmware upgrades, i.e. P 25, DMR, NXDN. I had a concern that If I chose those selections in the Limit Search menu, I may have inadvertently blocked any system, i.e. analog conventional, M 36, EDACS, from being received during the search. A test indicated that with the selections all checked, I still found the Limit Search stopped on control channels for a local utility using an M 36 system. So I can only conclude that selecting the options available, will not block anything that isn't included on the selection list. I am not missing anything here, right? This is correct? If I'm wrong, it certainly wouldn't be the first time........

Gilligan

Database Admin
I was also wondering how those options actually changed what the scanner stopped on. I noticed that it will skip over control channels.

AlphaFive

Limit Search

Hmmm, I ran a limit search from 930.0000 to 940.0000, with nothing checked on the selection list. The search received the control channels from an M 36 system in that range. It was perfectly normal. Then I selected all of the options for systems P 25, DMR, NXDN. It still received the control channels with no issues. So, at least in that instance, I found no problems. Thanks for the reply, I do appreciate it, take care.

ben-scan

According to Whistler, checking a specific system would exclude it from being found. However, I found out a similar thing as the OP.

troymail

Silent Key
Any checked/selected value (P25, DMR, NXDN, etc.) tells the radio to filter on only those types which are checked.

That which is checked would be the only thing the radio ill stop on -- if nothing is checked, the radio will stop on everything.

AlphaFive

He is correct

Any checked/selected value (P25, DMR, NXDN, etc.) tells the radio to filter on only those types which are checked.

That which is checked would be the only thing the radio ill stop on -- if nothing is checked, the radio will stop on everything.

troymail is correct.. how I ever came up with that result from a few days ago is beyond me. I replicated the same thing. Ran the 930 to 940 with nothing checked, unit stopped on the control channels for a local M 36. Ran the 930 to 940 with all of the optional accessories checked, P 25, DMR, NXDN, etc., the unit stopped very briefly (less than a second), on the control channels and continued on once it realized I had marked the check boxes. Troy 1 --- Chimp zero

Gilligan

Database Admin
I am still having difficult understanding how this works. It would REALLY help if the manual was updated to incorporate all of the updates made to the firmware. Can someone please explain which selections would need to be checked for the following desired results?

Analog only
Digital only (all modes)
DMR only
NXDN only

Also, does the radio show something other than DMR when it is receiving an NXDN transmission?

And does the fourth digit of that portion of the display show simplex vs repeater being received?

troymail

Silent Key
I am still having difficult understanding how this works. It would REALLY help if the manual was updated to incorporate all of the updates made to the firmware. Can someone please explain which selections would need to be checked for the following desired results?

Analog only
Digital only (all modes)
DMR only
NXDN only

Also, does the radio show something other than DMR when it is receiving an NXDN transmission?

And does the fourth digit of that portion of the display show simplex vs repeater being received?

I believe to receive ANY analog, you cannot check any boxes.

No boxes checked - receive anything - analog or digital.

As soon as one/any box is checked, you'll only receive those types.

The display should denote the digital mode being received - if it's P25, it will say P25, DMR says DMR, NXDN says NXDN.

Not sure what you mean about your '4th digit' question....

Status
Not open for further replies.