Limited Trunk Groups in Scanner Feeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcims

Hi Folks,

I'm planning to get a feed put together here in the next couple of weeks and am curious what the current etiquette is regarding trunked radio systems. If i'm in County A, for example, should I limit the trunk groups to only those that are pertinent to my county or just let it run wide open?

Any suggestions for trimming them down?

Thanks!

Bob

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I suggest that you read this page and all of it's links.

You can not let the scanner run wide open. The Feed Provider Terms of Service restrict what talk groups you are permitted to stream.

Check the feed pages for your county and the surrounding areas and see what is/is not already covered to avoid duplications.

I would suggest, for law enforcement, your local police and/or sheriff dispatch, and/or your fire/EMS dispatch and fire ground talk groups.

If you have too much on the feed it will be hard for listeners to follow the action, especially if you don't provide alpha tags.

Last edited:

richtidd

Database Admin
Hi Folks,

I'm planning to get a feed put together here in the next couple of weeks and am curious what the current etiquette is regarding trunked radio systems. If i'm in County A, for example, should I limit the trunk groups to only those that are pertinent to my county or just let it run wide open?

Any suggestions for trimming them down?

Thanks!

Bob

We do not care is the feed is conventional or a trunked system.
We care about what is being broadcast.

Here is the TOS:

Law Enforcement Feeds:
I agree to ONLY broadcast routine dispatch and special events channels and talkgroups for law enforcement agencies.
Please also see here: http://forums.radioreference.com/li...law-enforcement-feeds-tos-clarifications.html

Fire / EMS / Rescue Feeds:
I agree to ONLY broadcast routine dispatch operations and fireground / on scene operations for fire, EMS, and rescue agencies.
I agree to NOT broadcast dedicated channels or talkgroups used for ambulance to hospital communications.
I agree to NOT broadcast dedicated channels or talkgroups related to investigations, arson, and fire marshal activities.

Federal / Military Feeds:
I agree to NOT broadcast dedicated federal government communications, except where the communications relate to fire fighting, EMS operations, space shuttle launch or ISS communications, and park ranger operations, subject to the terms of service in the other related categories.
I agree to NOT broadcast dedicated military communications, except where the communications relate to fire fighting, EMS operations, aircraft ARTCC operations, subject to the terms of service in the other related categories.

Other Feeds:
I agree to NOT broadcast any commercial service broadcast. (FM/AM/TV etc)
I agree to NOT broadcast music or talk show of any kind. (commercial or non-commercial)
I agree to NOT broadcast DJ or other type of similar activity. (commercial or non-commercial)
I agree to NOT broadcast open microphones (feed device/computer mic, surveillance, stage mics, mics at venues, churches, performances, etc)
I agree to NOT broadcast schools/school buses communications.
I agree to NOT broadcast citizens Band (CB) communications.
I agree to NOT broadcast GMRS, FRS or MURS. (either simplex or repeaters)
I agree to NOT broadcast NOAA Weather Radio. (See [Wunder Radio Directory | Weather Underground Wunderground] for a host)
I agree to NOT broadcast private businesses. (Taxis, Buses, Towing, Security, Rental etc)
I agree to NOT broadcast any other content the RadioReference staff feels is inappropriate for the RadioReference audience.

jcims

Thanks guys...I was sloppy with my question by excluding any reference to TOS. The 'wide open' bit was referring to some of the calls that show up from a county or two away from where I am. I think the take away is to keep it relevant (and in bounds of the TOS :) ).

I appreciate the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.