Lincoln area, outdoor antenna install help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to install an outdoor antenna for my scanner. I have an old 30'- 40' TV tower by the house that I think that would work great.

I need to know where I can get a good out door antenna. And if anyone is willing to help installing it.

I need the antenna to pick up
800MHz
150MHz

Thanks,
Quentin

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

r_eugene1

I want to install an outdoor antenna for my scanner. I have an old 30'- 40' TV tower by the house that I think that would work great.

I need to know where I can get a good out door antenna. And if anyone is willing to help installing it.

I need the antenna to pick up
800MHz
150MHz

Thanks,
Quentin

There are several sites that have good scanner antenna's depending on how much you have to spend is up to you. I listed 3 sites below all have a variety of prices and bands, styles etc. Hope it will help.

Scanner World - The Largest Dealer of Scanning Radios in the World

Radio Scanner Antennas « Radio Scanner Antenna . com

https://www.scannermaster.com/Base_Antennas_s/25.htm

If I lived closer and were younger I would help with your antenna installation.

Good luck.

I got an antenna mounted and installed about 35-40 off the ground "i'm never doing it again" I'm in north Lincoln and picking up Omaha about 50%-75% signal.

Okay been up for a few days. And a few things I notice different. Sometimes I have squelch at the end of a transmission? On Lancaster North/South paging VHF 154.xxxx I get bleed over from NORAA or whatever the weather channel is called.

I got the antenna from a friend. Don't know the name brand or model.

I think that its for now.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1327971354574.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1327971354574.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 313
  • uploadfromtaptalk1327971406722.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1327971406722.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 296

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
I love how there is absolutely no safety equipment on the guy climbing. Gee, bet you wouldn't need a scanner for that call eh...

I love how there is absolutely no safety equipment on the guy climbing. Gee, bet you wouldn't need a scanner for that call eh...

Yeah that's me in the photo. I just wanted to get it done right away.

I wish I had something to lift me up like a back hoe or a truck with a boom so I could put it all the way on the top.

Last edited:
I wish I had something to lift me up like a back hoe or a truck with a boom so I could put it all the way on the top.

I'm sure RSC, NCS Equipment or any other heavy equipment rental outfit would rent you a scissors lift for a reasonable fee. They do come in various heights you may need.

Last edited:
I'm sure RSC, NCS Equipment or any other heavy equipment rental outfit would rent you a scissors lift for a reasonable fee. They do come in various heights you may need.

I for the price to rent one, I could probly hire Shaffers com to come and do it.

I need to pick up cable strippers and crimpers to run the cable the right way.

from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

I'm going to give this A bump. Anyone up to helping me out. I am looking at pulling the antenna down and putting up a new one and rerunning coax

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.