Lincoln Co Wi

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitrofish161

Lincoln co has been digital for some time, however this last weekend that frequency (154.800) has gone silent.Does anyone know what has happened.

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
Lincoln co has been digital for some time, however this last weekend that frequency (154.800) has gone silent.Does anyone know what has happened.

I`ve noticed that too, i heard a transmission on LCFD once recently about "All Sheriff units have moved to the "Lincoln County Law" channel." Still haven`t figured out that `un, i`ve been listening on 155.49 (which is `sposed to be their tac channel) and 155.64 and heard nothing on ether of those yet. If anyone has any info that`d be cool, as i`m now getting kinda curious. N9NRA

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
Just chatted with someone on the ham radio about this, and from what he`s heard Lincoln County is doing some upgrading of their radios, now what this means i don`t know, but he did mention that they were doing this after that tornado they had up there recently, wether that has anything to do with this, again, don`t know. I also have heard they`re going narrowband on the fire radios and pagers, so this could all be related to that, hopefully someone "in the know" will enlighten us :). N9NRA

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
Update to my last post, just was doing some listening on the first freq i was given (155.64) and i`m hearing sheriff units-to-dispatch stuff (possibly using simplex?) on there, PL is 103.5, as decoded by my `396T. Still listening to get more, as all i have on my unit is a 3DB antenna on the scanner, so am probably not hearing all the transmissions. (begin personal observations here :)). If they ARE running simplex for this, then it begs me to wonder just how well THEY`RE hearing the dispatch, and each other for that matter (end personal observations). N9NRA

Status
Not open for further replies.