Lincoln County Ambulance

Status
Not open for further replies.

fast2okc

Database Admin
Recently I have heard an ambulance service operating in Lincoln County. They use an LTR system located in Chandler on 451.350MHz.

I am certain it is an ambulance service; they put MediFlight on standby and transport to Shawnee.

My question is: Who is this service? I think they are out of Prague, but they may have a larger coverage area. Anyone know who provides ambulance service for southern Lincoln County?

--fast2okc

BCFD25

Premium Subscriber
I am about 99% sure its REACT. Anyone feel free to correct me if i am wrong or if you know more about the service. The only reason I know this is because Southwest Fire uses the same frequency as Tuttle fire and they can be heard pretty clearly down here.

jrplmil

Code:
What the heck? If it's REACT shouldn't they be on CB Ch. 9?

talk about react!:lol:

freqscout

I think that the REACT he is talking about is an ambulance service that is separate from the whackers' REACT that we are all familiar with.

KK5FM

They both have blinky lights... although one would assume the ambulance service has full legal authority to use them... unlike... the other REACT.

fast2okc

Database Admin
EMtro Ambulance

As always, I commend your amazing ability to remain on topic and not drift off on some irrelevant tangent. :)

The Ambulance Service in question is called EMTRO (Emergency Medical Transport of Rural Oklahoma). It is owned and operated by The Schuster Group and serves Prague and Stroud. The Schuster Group took over the Prague Municipal Hospital in the summer of 2005.

They curently have ambulances stationed in Prague and Stroud.

They can use Lincoln County Fire (154.400MHz) or State Fire (154.130) to communicate with first responders. I don't think they use CB radios.

fast2okc

CommShrek

fast2okc said:
As always, I commend your amazing ability to remain on topic and not drift off on some irrelevant tangent. :)

The Ambulance Service in question is called EMTRO (Emergency Medical Transport of Rural Oklahoma). It is owned and operated by The Schuster Group and serves Prague and Stroud. The Schuster Group took over the Prague Municipal Hospital in the summer of 2005.

They curently have ambulances stationed in Prague and Stroud.

They can use Lincoln County Fire (154.400MHz) or State Fire (154.130) to communicate with first responders. I don't think they use CB radios.

fast2okc

Who were you talking to? The quote feature is your friend. :)
Ah, so now we discover that there is no REACT ambulance service in the first place. Good information and I for one, am breathing a sigh of relief. :)

car2back

CommShrek said:
Ah, so now we discover that there is no REACT ambulance service in the first place. Good information and I for one, am breathing a sigh of relief. :)

How many tech class operators does it take to transport a patient? :lol:

iamhere300

CommShrek said:
Who were you talking to? The quote feature is your friend. :)

10-4 Roger Dee!

fast2okc

Database Admin
CommShrek said:
Interesting. It seems as if fast2okc is the one who put out some bogus info if that picture is of an ambulance service here in Oklahoma. What say you about the picture fast2okc?

Ah, humor is in the eye of the beholder, is it not?

CommShrek said:
What the heck? If it's REACT shouldn't they be on CB Ch. 9? :)

REACT EMS is the ambulance service for the city of Shawnee. I assumed you knew that and were making a joke.

Shawnee is in Pottawatomie County.

My original question was regarding an ambulance service in Lincoln County.

fast2okc said:
Recently I have heard an ambulance service operating in Lincoln County. They use an LTR system located in Chandler on 451.350MHz.

My question is: Who is this service? I think they are out of Prague, but they may have a larger coverage area. Anyone know who provides ambulance service for southern Lincoln County?

--fast2okc

I had thought someone who lived in Lincoln County might be able to shed some light on the situation.

fast2okc said:
fast2okc

My misguided attempt at humor due to the fact that the thread had gone from requesting information to slamming CB operators.

Certainly no offiense intended.

fast2okc

Status
Not open for further replies.