Lincoln County DMR

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbell17301

J. Bell
Premium Subscriber
Heard Lincoln County has upgraded to NX-5000 series radios (mobiles, portables, not sure on base, repeaters) and has set up DMR. If you listen to current analog LCSO at the end of their transmissions you can hear the occasional "digital noise". I would have to assume analog is linked into digital or something because all traffic is still being heard on analog.

Per Database this is what I see: FCC Callsign: WQXS901 (LINCOLN,COUNTY OF) is 7K60FXE, 2-slot DMR (Motorola MOTOTRBO) TDMA voice

ME343

ME/NH/VT DB Admin
Database Admin
I’ll have to put them as digital on the scanner and see if I can figure out anything

ME343

ME/NH/VT DB Admin
Database Admin
Haven’t heard anything on the DMR side but I’ve noticed lack of signal from there channels now. Im
In farmingdale and barely getting 1 bar. I used to get them full bars. Fire side is fine. Law side isn’t.

jbell17301

J. Bell
Premium Subscriber
Same here. I plugged the frequencies from Lincoln County that were licensed for DMR in my legacy upgraded PSR800 and haven’t heard a peep.

Also noticed the signal issue on law side.

ME343

ME/NH/VT DB Admin
Database Admin
Radio Reprogramming has started for DMR. They are also doing radio counts on DMR side. So most likely switch will be happening soon.

wnl27

Premium Subscriber
I'm using a Boafeng dm-1701.
Never even heard of it, price is right compared to Uniden, etc. Is it easy to program the frequencies into? No license required I assume....
It works basically the same as any scanner and can receive all scanner frequencies/bands? Thx

ME343

ME/NH/VT DB Admin
Database Admin
It can only recieve vhf/uhf. No license is required. It's easiest to program by computer than hand cause you need to use a code plug

ME343

ME/NH/VT DB Admin
Database Admin
Still doing testing from what I can tell. Not hearing them do it on the scanner for some reason. Must be doing a different tower other than the 154.0475 I heard them on

wnl27

Premium Subscriber
Still doing testing from what I can tell. Not hearing them do it on the scanner for some reason. Must be doing a different tower other than the 154.0475 I heard them on
They were testing the last few weeks then it went quite. Now, today, I am hearing the digital "buzz" sometimes when cars respond to dispatch.

ME343

ME/NH/VT DB Admin
Database Admin
Seems like they may have finally flipped the switch per se. been hearing comms all day on DMR side nothing on analog.

wnl27

Premium Subscriber
Yes, indeed, seems that way..... BTW, I am actually still hearing them on 154.815 analog, but faintly. That may go away in time....

ME343

ME/NH/VT DB Admin
Database Admin
Yes, indeed, seems that way..... BTW, I am actually still hearing them on 154.815 analog, but faintly. That may go away in time....
All im getting on 154.0475 is digital. no Simulcast even with the PL tone on.

Status
Not open for further replies.