Lincoln County Sheriff and Fire Unit Designations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanthewaves

Does anyone know what the number unit designations are for Lincoln County? Any idea where those numbers come from? I know in large cities they are usually connected with reporting districts or RDs but these numbers got me baffled. Thanks

toofarwest

for the individual units or apparatus?

Lincoln County and Newport are L=Lima units, in the 200 and 600 series, Lincoln City are in the 500 series and Toledo at in the 300s.

Specific numbers are generally based on rank as to where are in the series, and availability... BUT not always, some agencies assign a unit number and that's your number regardless of rank.

Fire is probably similar, Lincoln City/NLF will be a series, Depoe Bay/DBF will be a series, same for Newport, Toledo, Siletz, Seal Rock, Central Coast and Yachats. The apparatus will break down also, but I cant help with those. A number sequence will represent an Engine, a Ladder, a Rescue, a Tender etc.

scanthewaves

For both but I just looked and NLF has the engine and ladder etc unit representation on their website. Do you happen to know what the unit number is for the water patrol/rescue for LCSO? Thanks for the info.

toofarwest

LCSO doesn't have a water rescue team ...'water rescue' will be a fire response for where ever the incident is occuring.... LCSO/OSP/etc may respond depending on??? .. they have a marine patrol, will be primarily rivers, Yachats and Alsea, probably those bays, maybe Devils Lake.

Sorry , I don't know the specific identifiers for the marine deputies off the top of my head.

scanthewaves

I was thinking it might be 205 maybe since they seem to get a lot of the calls in the beach area and off shore.

toofarwest

I was thinking it might be 205 maybe since they seem to get a lot of the calls in the beach area and off shore.

205 (LCSO), possible, being a lower number in the series, I'd guess a Sgt, maybe being told about it so they are aware something is happening somewhere.

When it is truly offshore, its going to be informational to LCSO, local Fire/Rescue will respond best they can, otherwise it goes to USCG (Newport/Depoe Bay) ... in the bay or surf/sand, local Fire/Rescue with their beach rigs, jet skis/small boat.

Fielder3

Premium Subscriber
It appears that Lincoln County Fire agencies are switching from 4-digit fire apparatus numbering to two digit. Depoe Bay FD has already switched over. Next is North Lincoln Fire and Rescue, then Newport FD, and so on. 10 NLFR, 20, Depoe Bay, 30 Newport FD, 40 Toledo FD, 50 Siletz FD, 60 Seal Rock, 70 Central Coast Fire and Rescue, 80 Yachats. *Personnel/Staff numbering will be 3 digit numbers that match the department.

scanthewaves

Hello does anyone know what the current frequency is for Pacific West Ambulance? DB says 155.1750 I'm tuned to it in Lincoln City but I don't hear anything. Any thoughts? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.