Lincoln-Lancaster County EDACS system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Too3zln

I live in Lancaster county, but I am brand new with scanners. Is there something you would like me to listen to on my trx-1 to confirm?

Too3zln

I know that it is, however only some agencies use it. I can try and log which still do over the next week if/when I have time and keep you updated.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Your pictures show system "Nebraska State R" which is the Nebraska State Radio System. The screenshots also show talkgroups for "Troop HQ Disp 1" and "NDOT 1 Greenwood". Those talkgroups are on the Nebraska SRS. This is a different system.

Too3zln

I'm sorry. On the scanner it said Lincoln-Lancaster when I was browsing the Library. I will be more specific on the search.

Too3zln

Wel, since the trx-1 doesn't do pro-voice, I don't think I will be of much help to you. I have my scan list set for the system now, but my hopes are low.

Too3zln

Lincoln-Lancaster
I am able to pick up an intermittent signal from a couple of the alternate channels, this one being 19. Due the trx not supporting provoice, this is the best I can do. If I get an SDR I will get back to you.

Someone I hope will answer you before I am able.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Only the talkgroups marked with mode "D" are ProVoice. All of the analog talkgroups marked with mode "A" are EDACS. Your TRX-1 will work with EDACS.

The frequency in your latest screenshot 859.9625 is a P25 frequency since it is showing NAC 143. That is the new P25 Site number 123 on the Nebraska SRS.

Try scanning the frequencies in conventional mode. You should hear a data channel noise on one of the other frequencies if the old system is still active. It might be offline.

Too3zln

Only the talkgroups marked with mode "D" are ProVoice. All of the analog talkgroups marked with mode "A" are EDACS. Your TRX-1 will work with EDACS.

The frequency in your latest screenshot 859.9625 is a P25 frequency since it is showing NAC 143. That is the new P25 Site number 123 on the Nebraska SRS.

Try scanning the frequencies in conventional mode. You should hear a data channel noise on one of the other frequencies if the old system is still active. It might be offline.
I manually entered the frequency this last time. Is that what you mean by conventional mode? Forgive my ignorance. I am still learning.

Too3zln

I manually entered all the channels in tune mode last night, and listened for a few minutes on each. Other than the p25 channel previously mentioned, only channel 7 ‐ 857.7125 was able to produce noise for me. It appears to be unused. Squelch was set to the 9 'o' clock position using a comet w100rx antenna. I live on the west side of town.

Throughout the next week I will scan these channels and get back to you.

Last edited:

xmo

There is no way any part of the EDACS system is still on-line.

If you want to know which agencies did what, you need to start by reviewing the consultants recommendations, the issued RFP, and the awarded contract(s).

BigRedBox80

Feed Provider
Some of the old EDACS frequencies were re-used for the Rural Fire system and I believe part of the deal was that the old system was to be brought offline completely.

Too3zln

Some of the old EDACS frequencies were re-used for the Rural Fire system and I believe part of the deal was that the old system was to be brought offline completely.
Without any research, I think you are right. If I manually enter the frequencies, only two give me any audible feedback at all. I have been scanning the old system for a couple days, and while it will show I am receiving some trucked signal intermittently, it has never parked on any channel and I have heard no traffic while scanning. Dead quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.