Lincoln-Lancaster County

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigRedBox80

Feed Provider
Does anyone have an good collection of IDs for Lincoln-Lancaster County system that haven't been submitted to the DB? I've collected a few but it will soon be useless with the new system on the way.

xmo

The new system equipment has already been purchased, manufactured, shipped to Nebraska, and is being installed.

It will be P25 phase 2 from day one. By this time next year EDACS will be just a memory.

BigRedBox80

Feed Provider
I'm happy I can hear pro voice while I still can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sorry, I'm not up to speed on all the terms and systems but I assume your referring to how terrible the P25 system is going to sound compared to the current EDACS one?

Pro voice is the Digital side of EDACS. They do not have it encrypted so the Conversations you hear are interesting.

I'm excited for P25. I want to pick up the G5 pager if they support phase 2 soon. I read that has better decoding on digital systems versus a scanner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Madona

So basically, we wont know how much is encrypted until it happens? I was hoping somebody had some insight on that matter. Trying to figure out what equipment to switch too, and/or if it is worth it due to the amount of encryption.

ORION_NE

Premium Subscriber
When exactly is the system upgrading in Lincoln/Lancaster?

I read a document online saying fully operational by mid October of this year. It will be apart of the state radio system. Of course the radio system will be online before then for testing and cutting users over.

BigRedBox80

Feed Provider
I read a document online saying fully operational by mid October of this year. It will be apart of the state radio system. Of course the radio system will be online before then for testing and cutting users over.

Interesting. I had heard they're looking at early 2018 and didn't hear anything about being part of the state system.

Status
Not open for further replies.