Lincoln Park, NJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

cassidy1190

I went to my grandfather's today in Lincoln Park in morris county and I gave him a scanner for his birthday. He cant get over it, I programmed all the local stuff (county sheriff, fire, police, EMS). Do you know of any other things to monitor in his area (no NJSP stuff since it doesnt trunk.)

RocketNJ

FYI, Morris County is now using a SmartZone 4.1 mixed mode trunking system. So that scanner will not be able to monitor the county.

What about surrounding towns? Maybe the control tower at the Lincoln Park airport? Also he will not be able to monitor Montville PD as they are digital now.

George

cassidy1190

When I programmed it this weekend I was still able to here sherrif comms though. Maybey only certain departments use it. Thanks for the info though, I forgot all about the airpoirt! I'll have to put it in next time I go up there.

RocketNJ

not sure what you heard on sheriff comm but they are using the new digital trunked system. Sheriff and Park PD are both cut over.

George

LarryMorin

If the reception is decent enough, I'd also program in the locals around Routes 46 & 23. Let him listen in on the action for the many traffic accidents that happen on those two highways.

Off the top of my head, Wayne & Fairfield would both be good. Both departments probably respond to the 3 way split 23/46/80. Parts of Wayne also stay pretty busy during heavy rains from flooding.

I'm just guessing, but the fish & game department may have a few folks up that way checking in on the many reservoirs on 23 in West Milford and the one on 46 in Parsippany.

Hope this gave you a few ideas.

Have a great day!

Status
Not open for further replies.