Lincoln Reception

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave_E

Recently I have been picking up quite a bit of sporadic static when listening to the Lincoln/Lancaster system. Nothing has changed in the house as far as electronics go, the scanner is in the same place it has always sat. yet reception just isn't quite.

Is anyone else experiencing similar issues? Or is perhaps my 164 just getting old and developing sensitivity issues?

AD9O

Static on individual units, or the entire system? I hear occasional units with static, but the system overall seems fine to me.

tony

Dave_E

I think it is just one frequency, I always seem to catch the last digits as .4625, but not sure of the exact prefix of the freq. It isn't all units or all dispatchers, but when it happens it is full of static.

I live by 27 and Hwy 2, close to NSP and the Pen, and static hasn't been an big issue before, but recently increased. I wonder with my proximity to NSP if I am picking up some interference affiliated with them or the new system.

Oh man I'm sorry. That a bad area for RF. Every time I'm in the area I get poor RF or interference and this is with a brand new Uniden 996XT and mobile antenna.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk

Dave_E

The freq that seems to be the source of interference is 857.46250, I just happened to catch it earlier.

Yeah, this part of town isn't good. There's 2 cell towers by Star City Shores, plus the state tower sitting on the hill on 14th south of Pen and probably some other sources too, but that frequency is really has gotten bad. It could be the scanner too, RS scanners are notorious for losing sensitivty, so it might finally be time to upgrade to that digital scanner I've always had my eye on.

I have two Bearcat BCD996XT and love them. Easy to use and programing. If you wanted I could show you how I have mine setup and how the banks and sub group banks work.

I am about to pick up a Uniden Home Patrol with GPS for going on vacations. Hopefully my in come tax get back to me soon!

AD9O

I'm near 48 and R and only occasionally notice static on individual units, nothing horrible and I just assume they're in a bad coverage area. I wonder if using an attenuator on the frequency in question would help? Possibly cut out the static, but you risk cutting out the transmission too if they're not strong enough to overcome it.

I have to agree about the Uniden units. I have a 396XT and a 996XT that work wonders. I used to use the 996XT to provide an audio feed to RR when I lived in Maryland and it worked flawlessly (once I unpack it, I'm planning ot use it to try and hunt the LCN of the RACOM site, unless someone's got it and the DB just isn't updated yet?).

Slightly off topic, but I have noticed that Lincoln-Lancaster is a huge user of the private call feature. Way more prevalent here than anywhere else I've lived.

Tony

Last edited:
I'm near 48 and R and only occasionally notice static on individual units, nothing horrible and I just assume they're in a bad coverage area. I wonder if using an attenuator on the frequency in question would help? Possibly cut out the static, but you risk cutting out the transmission too if they're not strong enough to overcome it.

I have to agree about the Uniden units. I have a 396XT and a 996XT that work wonders. I used to use the 996XT to provide an audio feed to RR when I lived in Maryland and it worked flawlessly (once I unpack it, I'm planning ot use it to try and hunt the LCN of the RACOM site, unless someone's got it and the DB just isn't updated yet?).

Slightly off topic, but I have noticed that Lincoln-Lancaster is a huge user of the private call feature. Way more prevalent here than anywhere else I've lived.

Tony

48th from vine to O and 65th from vine to O. That square of area is nothing but bad RF it shows full signal but nothing but static. And what you mean by privet call? Cell phone?

I think before they reband Lincoln, I could go any where with out interference or static

AD9O

Interesting. I'm right in there, 53 and R, and have no issues.

By private call, I mean direct radio to radio calling, also called iCall. If you've ever monitored Startran without enabling iCall, it's why you don't hear the busses talk to the dispatcher. They're definitely not the only user, LFR was using it the night of the Hazmat incident at the BNSF railyard, but they are one of the biggest on the system.

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.