Lindsay And The Closed Trend

Status
Not open for further replies.

johncoleman

LINDSAY,
TODAY YOU PUT A POSTING ON A CLOSED TREND AND THEN CLOSED IT AGAIN.
BELOW IS A COPY OF THE P.M I SENT WAYNE IN THAT POSTING YOU SAY I THREATENED YOU WITH A LAW SUIT. THAT IS A FALSE STATEMENT OF THE FACTS. IF YOU READ IT ALL IT SAYS THAT PEOPLE ARE TELLING ME TO TAKE YOU ON AND I SAY THIS IS NOT MY STYLE. WITH THAT SAID I WOULD ASK YOU TO ONCE AGAIN PLEASE HAVE ONE SET OF RULES FOR THE ENTIRE SITE AS YOU HAVE PEOPLE SELLING ANTENNIAS (NEW EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK) AND ONE OR MORE OF YOUR VERY OWN MODERATORS SELLING OR POSTING EVERY COUPLE OF DAYS.

WHEN WE TALKED BEFORE AND I HAVE YOUR E MAILS YOU TOLD ME JOHN IT'S OK FOR ME TO POST NO MORE THAN ONCE A WEEK. I HAVE FOLLOWED THOSE RULES AND NOW YOU HAVE CHANGED YOUR MIND.I ASK WHY ? I ALSO TOLD YOU IN THOSE E MAILS THAT I MAKE VERY LITTLE OF THESE SCANNERS AS I SELL THEM WAY UNDER RADIO SHACK AND GIVE FREE OVERNIGHT SHIPPING AT MY EXPENCE. iF YOU WOULD LIKE TO POST ALL E MAILS SENT AND RECEIVED I WOULD BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO POST THEM FOR ALL TO SEE

wayne,

you keep putting some thing smart under my posting. I really think you had better check with your boss as i was told by her it was ok. this is a great site and i would hate to take it to legal action . i say this becuase i keep getting e mails from people saying you are pushing the wrong buttons here and to take you on. this is not my style however but they have me thinking as you do not have the same rules for everyone.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
It's funny how some people just click the box instead of actually reading the users agreement they agree to when signing up for this site :roll:

johncoleman

whiners

Private Message: Re: once a week
Today, 04:14 AM
wayne_h
Senior Member Join Date: Dec 2000

Re: once a week

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lets get some things straight johcoleman... Nothing I've put under your postings has been smart or smartass. You are commercial selling, pure and simple. And I would believe your transaction with Lindsay except for the fact you called him a her. So make up whatever you want.

I will continue to moderate the way I have been. No one will be taking any legal action. No one is THAT stupid so making false threats like that will surely NOT get Lindsay on your good side. People can say whatever they want but they do not run the site. I seriously doubt the majority of the board writes you and complains about me; it's just the usual whiners that want zero moderation on this board.

You need to convey to Lindsay your conversation to allow your posts. Until then I will moderate you based on the rules.

-Wayne

ImTheWeasel

I feel as though i should add something here so i will.

As some of you may know, in the past myself and Lindsay got into an arguement here on these forums over certain features of this site and forums. Looking back, it was me that made an a$$ of myself. In the midst of it all one thing stood true the entire time, and that was the simple fact that Lindsay provides this site to everyone and he does ALOT of work behind the scenes to keep it up and running. He also, as the creator of the website and forums, has the right to change the rules or features to how he sees fit upon this website. That meaning, if for any reason at anytime he doesn't want someone selling certain types of goods or services upon his forums, then that is his decision. It works much in the way as the sign you see in many businesses and restraunts today...

"We have the right to refuse service to anyone."

Lindsay is providing this website and forums as a service to all of us, and truth be told more of us should donate to help out!

So any talk of legal action over this whole thing is just plain silly. If someone doesn't want you selling something on their website or forums, then thats their choice. Period.

Granted he may have permissed you to sell your products once a week on here or for whatever given amount of time, but from the looks of it he simply no longer wishes to allow it. Which as previously stated is entirely his decision, and he is free to do so at anytime.

Now, with that said...

Let's see this end on good terms!

oh and;

HAPPY LABOR DAY EVERYONE!

:D

tbnmaster

scanner_freak said:
It's funny how some people just click the box instead of actually reading the users agreement they agree to when signing up for this site :roll:

There's a users agreement?!?!?!

johncoleman

i agree

and for calling lindsay a woman in the letter i asked my wife was that a womans name and she said yes. I have since found out it could be either and i admit my bad and stand corrected.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
johncoleman said:
WITH THAT SAID I WOULD ASK YOU TO ONCE AGAIN PLEASE HAVE ONE SET OF RULES FOR THE ENTIRE SITE AS YOU HAVE PEOPLE SELLING ANTENNIAS (NEW EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK) AND ONE OR MORE OF YOUR VERY OWN MODERATORS SELLING OR POSTING EVERY COUPLE OF DAYS.
John, do you realize how much you've contributed to this site OTHER than your sales? Very, very little. That doesn't give you much of a voice or selling power as far as I am concerned, or anyone else. Posting this thread is not helping you. Our conversations were being brought to Lindsay's attention. In the beginning I was willing to support you because I liked what you brought to the people. Because of your aggressive selling style I no longer do. Please attend a course at your local community college on economics and selling; I feel you could learn a thing or two. That is friendly advice.

Why must people make private problems public in an attempt to rally up the troops for their cause? :roll:

-Wayne

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
...and how many times does it EVER work?

Next time you need to know if someone you dealt with is male or female, I'd suggest choosing an alternative other than "asking the wife what the name sounds like."

n4voxgill

Silent Key
XTS,

I personally resent the language that you use. I would suggest the moderators read all of your posts and take care of the situation. Your demeaning of the female gender shows a lack of character.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
This has gone too far, and the use of profane and obscene language is totally unacceptable.

Last edited:

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
johncoleman said:
WHEN WE TALKED BEFORE AND I HAVE YOUR E MAILS YOU TOLD ME JOHN IT'S OK FOR ME TO POST NO MORE THAN ONCE A WEEK. I HAVE FOLLOWED THOSE RULES AND NOW YOU HAVE CHANGED YOUR MIND.I ASK WHY ?

John, I also told you in those emails to also maintain the spirit of the for sale forum. I have to maintain the stance that commerical operations in the for sale forum are not allowed.

If they happen and are brought to my attention, then I will take action on them. You literally took my comments and implemented them as policy... every....single....week.

Regardless of whether or not you make 1 dollar per scanner, or 500 per scanner, you are running some kind of commerical enterprise, and you are the only one doing it. If I review your posting history, you are clearly using this site for no other purpose than to promote your commerical enterprise.

Do as I previously suggested and create a web page, and then point your user profile to your web page. You will get the exposure you want, without actively promoting which is where the problem is. Heck, put a signature at the bottom of your profile with a link to your page and what you do.... that way when you post about radio and frequency related topics, you'll get the exposure you want. Everyone wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.