ProScan: Line in works for a bit then quits Windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb7gjy

Feed Provider
I know I saw someone else dealing with this and searched to no avail.

Everything was working great but I upgraded the OS from Windows 7 and now I can get the line in jack to work for a bit then just stops. If I use Primary Capture it works. But if I switch to Line in it works for a bit then stops. The problem with primary capture is it seems to introduce AC line noise (hum). I didn't have that with Line in on windows 7.

I have tried everything I can think of.

When line in works, no hum. but like I said, it just quits for no reason. no error message just acts like it locks up on a set level with no audio pass through to Proscan. I can enable "listen to the device" and I can hear it on my computer with no issues when Proscan quits "hearing" it.

Ideas?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Perhaps a flaky cable or jack. Try wiggling the cable and see what happens.
I see you have a BCD536HP in your sig line. Perhaps try the Wi-Fi audio. You won't experience any of the issues that can be caused by a copper connection.

kb7gjy

Feed Provider
Perhaps a flaky cable or jack. Try wiggling the cable and see what happens.
I see you have a BCD536HP in your sig line. Perhaps try the Wi-Fi audio. You won't experience any of the issues that can be caused by a copper connection.
I wiggled and checked the audio cable, nothing changed.

My 536 isn't my streaming unit. My 15X is. Im fairly certain it is a windows 10 issue, but where I can hear it with listen to this device vs through proscan. Grrr. I'm sure I will kick myself later.

Dang it, I knew I saw someone else had this problem with the upgrade to windows 10 and at the time seemed like a no brainer.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
where I can hear it with listen to this device vs through proscan.
Go to the Audio Control -> Monitor & Test tab. Choose the same audio service you are using then click the Loopback box.

kb7gjy

Feed Provider
Ok, update for clarity

I reinstalled drivers
I select line in
Switch you view audio and monitor test/ loopback, works no issues
Later, nothing. No audio passed through proscan
Switch to primary capture device. I have audio again
Later, I lose audio

Sometimes I can switch back to line in and get audio, sometimes not. Then I reboot and then have audio back, for awhile.
Rinse and repeat. I checked audio cable no issues, I switch the cable just in case, same issue

I will leave it on the loopback to see when I lose audio if I still get audio through loopback or if that goes away as well.

This started as soon as I upgraded to windows 10. Under windows 7, no issues

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I know I saw someone else dealing with this and searched to no avail.
I haven't heard of this problem like you are describing. The only problem I heard is different. It was when upgrading a Win 10 build to a newer Win 10 build and the audio input needed to be disabled and reenabled I believe.

Try reinstalling the audio driver and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.