Line Level Converter To Use with 536HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

n5ypj

Hi,

I'm interested in using a line out converter to interface the BCD 536HP's external speaker jack to a PC soundcard Line In jack or input. I'm tired of fighting the intermittent WiFi issue here.

Is anyone using a manufactured convertor? If so would you let me know what product and how well it works please?

Thanks

Richard

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Hi,

I'm interested in using a line out converter to interface the BCD 536HP's external speaker jack to a PC soundcard Line In jack or input. I'm tired of fighting the intermittent WiFi issue here.

Is anyone using a manufactured convertor? If so would you let me know what product and how well it works please?

Thanks

Richard

I'm not sure what kind of intermittent issue you have. The scanner Wi-Fi is stable. Using My free RadioFeed connected to the Wi-Fi should work. Turn the loopback on in RadioFeed and you will get the audio to the computer speakers.

n5ypj

I'm not sure what kind of intermittent issue you have. The scanner Wi-Fi is stable. Using My free RadioFeed connected to the Wi-Fi should work. Turn the loopback on in RadioFeed and you will get the audio to the computer speakers.

Hi Bob,

I do long term recording like several hours or overnight. I've tried using WiFi to record from to ProScan for some unknown reason the recordings stop being recorded. The PC I used for that had been "tuned" to turn all of the power saving and sleep functions off because I was recording from my 996XT to ProScan and it did a beautiful job. It's discouraging not being able to record from the 536HP to ProScan.

PS: The only thing I would change on ProScan is a Linux version. :)

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Put a 64GB card in the scanner and let the scanner do the recording. It can take several weeks to fill the card, depending on radio activity.

Status
Not open for further replies.