Line out, or tape out from GRE PSR-400.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbablitz

Hello everyone. The PSR-400 has no Line out or Tape out jack. If I use the headphone jack to the Mic input into an HP 5103 mini, will the volume level be varied by the knob on the scanner. I’m using the Audio Test Version 1.25 in between. I know that the volume level doesn’t vary on the Pro-2035, which has a tape out jack. Will it vary if used as described above? Analog transmissions only. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Also, would I be able to use the headphone jack on the mini 5103 as line in as opposed to the Mic in jack? Thank you in advance.

Mm

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
You have it correct. The way to get audio out is via the heaphone jack. The signal level IS affected by the volume control. Whether to use LINE in or MIC in on a sound card depends on the channel(s) you're monitoring and your situation. I used an APP called Level Meter to see the audio level into my computer to aid me in setting the volume control.

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
Would a discriminator tap mod provide a constant level unaffected by the volume? If so, this would meet the OP’s need while making the radio more versatile at the same time.

thesavo

Feed Provider
Is the pro-2035 a badge engineered version of the psr 400?

If you can get the schematics for both and see what radio shack did differently.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
I don’t think these two models are even close to being the same. The GRE PSR-400 was more like the PSR-410 and the analog version of the Pro-197 or PSR-600. The Pro-2035 or similar Pro-2042 were much older and different. If using the headphone jack on the PSR-400 I would not forget to use a ground loop isolator. You could use the spkr out jack on the rear of the PSR-400.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.