Linn-Benton P25 License Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

OregonScanner

Premium Subscriber
I was just looking at the Linn-Benton P25 licenses and it appears that the Benton County simulcast was cut to only 3 sites and the Linn County simulcast was cut to just one site on Scott Mtn (although the emission type still shows P25 simulcast LSM) and the 3 fill sites (Monroe, Green Peter, and McCully Mtn) are gone. I noticed last year that these 3 licenses showed "termination pending" for failure to buildout the system in the required time but now they don't say that. Maybe they cut those sites until sometime later in the future.

ULS License - Trunked Public Safety 700 MHz License - WQMZ793 - BENTON, COUNTY OF
ULS License - Trunked Public Safety 700 MHz License - WQMZ794 - LINN, COUNTY OF
ULS License - Trunked Public Safety 700 MHz License - WQMZ795 - LINN, COUNTY OF

NW7OR

Hmmm....this could indicate that the Scott Mtn. tower work is complete and ready for use. That would go a long way to explaining the increased testing by Linn Co. SO. It may not be all that long before they go full-time on the system.

dkf435

Well talked to one guy from Sweet Home Fire that is a ham also and they were thinking no way the 700 would work for the area or the money that was being put into it and I think the idea was to just stay on VHF.
Sweet Home has been using some type of link in putting the fire pages out over smart phones and have heard telling dispatch to tone again because the phones were not getting the page. This is why they require 2 ways to summon fire fighters with pagers and siren.

Still hearing dispatchers complaining about units on Scott being hard to hear, think it is the link that is the problem as I can hear all Linn county sites from my location at 900ft with no problem.

David Kb7uns

Status
Not open for further replies.