Linn County Scott Mtn 700 Site Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

OregonScanner

Premium Subscriber
The Linn County 700MHz site on Scott Mtn is active as of today. Site number 11.

769.25625 (control channel)

Great coverage for SW Linn County. Full signal strength from Tangent to Harrisburg. It is carrying Albany PD traffic...also heard a couple of radio tests by LCSO. I imagine Linn County Sheriff will probably switch over soon as they have been doing radio tests off and on for the past few months.

OregonScanner

Premium Subscriber
Scott Mtn site NAC is 1FB as opposed to the Benton County simulcast which is 1FA.

OregonScanner

Premium Subscriber
Yeah I was listening to a couple of deputies doing tests...they were blown away at the signal quality of the 700 system. They were getting out on 700 crystal clear in places where their VHF didn't get out at all.

Baker845

Lol they have to remember that vhf system is not simulcast. The 700 system is simulcast.

OregonScanner

Premium Subscriber
Lol they have to remember that vhf system is not simulcast. The 700 system is simulcast.

They are receiving the Scott Mtn 700 stand alone site crystal clear in spots where they can't receive anything from their VHF transmitter on Scott Mtn.

dkf435

There are times when I can here units fine on the repeater and dispatch can not....time to trash their link radios.

David Kb7uns

OregonScanner

Premium Subscriber
Linn County Sheriff talkgroups are:

22001 - LCSO 1 - Dispatch (still testing)
22003 - LCSO 2
22005 - LCSO 3
22007 - LCSO 4
22009 - LCSO 5

Radio techs are on 22011, 22013, and 22015 although I don't know if they are specifically for the techs or are some other agency's future TGs.

Baker845

I think it was also planed that Linn county fire departments will switch to system to. Somewhere in my notes I saw that info. Most of Linn county is also planned to move to system. Such as pw, schools

dkf435

I think it was also planed that Linn county fire departments will switch to system to. Somewhere in my notes I saw that info. Most of Linn county is also planned to move to system. Such as pw, schools

Talked to some firefighters in Sweet Home that are also hams a while back and they do not want to go 700 because of cost, digital and frquency coverage/penetration. Scott Mountain coverage up 20 sucks, they need High Deck or Cougar Rock to get in where their Ambulance District is. Sweet Home is called "East Linn County yet is in the western part and they must cover all the way to the top. As it is Knox, Scott, Cougar, Halls and Hodoo do not cover on VHF so how will 700 digital be better with all the other sites not being put up.

Just got back from SeaPac over the weekend.

David Kb7uns

OregonScanner

Premium Subscriber

I found some files on the 700 system from a few years ago. As of March 8, 2010 these are the 700 user agencies:

Linn County Sheriff
Linn County Fire / EMS agencies
Albany Police
Lebanon Police
Linn County Roads
Linn County Parks
City of Halsey
City of Brownsville
City of Lebanon
Sweet Home Police
City of Harrisburg
Tangent
Millersburg
Lyons
Mill City
Scio
Harrisburg Schools
Albany Schools
Sweet Home Schools

Benton County Sheriff
Benton County Rural Fire & EMS agencies
Corvallis Police
Philomath Police
Corvallis Fire
Benton Co Roads
Benton Co Parks
Corvallis Public Works
Corvallis Schools
First Student

dkf435

I found some files on the 700 system from a few years ago. As of March 8, 2010 these are the 700 user agencies:

Linn County Sheriff
Linn County Fire / EMS agencies
Albany Police
Lebanon Police
Linn County Roads
Linn County Parks
City of Halsey
City of Brownsville
City of Lebanon
Sweet Home Police
City of Harrisburg
Tangent
Millersburg
Lyons
Mill City
Scio
Harrisburg Schools
Albany Schools
Sweet Home Schools

Benton County Sheriff
Benton County Rural Fire & EMS agencies
Corvallis Police
Philomath Police
Corvallis Fire
Benton Co Roads
Benton Co Parks
Corvallis Public Works
Corvallis Schools
First Student

Well you can toss that list as far as Sweet Home goes, Fire says no way Police probably not and Schools buses are going to the Day Wireless system from the last newspaper story.

David Kb7uns

Status
Not open for further replies.