Linn County Simulcast Primary Channel Update to 851.6125

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottabing

Premium Subscriber
Linn County Simulcast Control Channel Primary is now 851.6125
Currently documented as 851.225 - The change happened recently.

I'm currently providing the feed for Linn County, please let me know if I should report these things anywhere else.

Scott

bkramm

Linn County is a Harris system and changes control channel quite frequently.
Any of the frequences listed can be the control channel at any time.

scottabing

Premium Subscriber
It is currently documented incorrectly which is why I'm posting. If there is someone I need to contact to have the change made in the database let me know.

bkramm

My point was trying to say that it may change back at any time. That is why all the rest of channels are
listed in blue as alternate control channels.

scottabing

Premium Subscriber
Ok, I will refrain from providing updates to information that is not accurately documented.
When I was setting up my equipment, it was very helpful knowing what the primary control channel was and I was very grateful that everything was properly documented on here. I would suggest removing a primary designation in the list of control channels if there is no desire to keep it current, otherwise, it is misleading to people who are setting up new equipment.

timkilbride

Database Admin
We don't change the database every time the CC changes. 851.225 since day one has been the primary CC. I have been monitoring the system since it was first put on the air. Now you may see a different CC from time to time, but 851.225 is primary. You need to program every possible CC into your radio for it to work properly.

As Brian mentioned, Harris systems are known to use every channel as a CC. There are some exceptions like the highest 3 channels for Johnson county will never be a CC. In fact, they will probably disappear off the system when phase 2 comes in.

Tim

scottabing

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the explanation Tim. What about new unidentified tg’s that are on the Linn County Simulcast and are not documented in the database? Is there a process for these to be identified in the system?

bkramm

I don't know the full procedure but someone has to idenitiy not only the TG number
but the usage. Tim can probably explain further, but there are a lot of TG's that are encrypted
and you may see the TG number but can't identify the user.
I have not recently seen any new TG's but there may be some and I use Proscan to log.
Are they 57XXX or 52XXX TG's ? otherwise they may be crossover TG's from other counties.

timkilbride

Database Admin
The database is made from submissions from the listeners. No one person is responsible for identifying all the talkgroups. It takes a lot of time to identify talkgroups that are not used much or encrypted. Linn County was mostly identified before the heavy encryption started. Listening to the users talk and simultaneously watching the CC data on a third program works the best.

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.